ISS is a leading global provider of facility services that complement our customer's workplace. Bringing service to life, ISS uses a unique combination of data, insight and most importantly, our people to make a difference across diverse environments such as offices and factories, airports and hospitals across the world. ISS is committed to doing business the right way, taking its corporate responsibility very seriously. Above everything, our passion is people.
The key purpose of a Business Partner is to support ISS business leaders to deliver profitable and sustainable growth for services. The Business Partner is responsible for providing dedicated, commercial and financial decision support aligned to strategic and customer priorities, to win good business and improve shareholder value
The Business Partner will work with a portfolio of business to challenge assumptions, influence decisions and make recommendations for efficiency improvements in order to sustain growth.
- Act as a trusted, visible and accessible point of contact to business leaders; providing commercial and financial decision support; challenge and insight into business profitability to drive future performance.
- Understand the customer landscape and their drivers to provide contract / service pricing, cash and margin optimisation recommendations, ensuring an acceptable balance of risk and return.
- Accountable for the accuracy of financial records including month end reporting, compliance, business financial plans, weekly/monthly forecasts, annual budgets and ad hoc reporting requirements that may arise.
- Improvement and standardisation of financial reports including detailed analysis of recharge mechanisms in place on each individual contract
- Consolidation of reports across Divisions; co-ordinating with all areas of the business to provide accurate information on which business decisions can be made
- Develop further financial controls across the team including balance sheet reviews, debtors / cash collection, unbilled analysis and journal reviews to ensure that all financial accounting guidelines are being followed
- Understand the value drivers of the business and provide guidance on contract / service performance including ROI, scenario planning, KPI analysis and benchmarking.
- Support the portfolio strategy through market, competitor and portfolio analysis
- Develop customer relationships to support successful commercial and financial negotiations regarding variable revenue, rebids and change notices.
- Support business leaders to deliver contractual obligations through identification of over and under delivery, performing root cause analysis, and making recommendations.
- Drive contract / service cost optimisation projects through profitability analysis and efficiency recommendations.
- Proactive identification, assessment and management of financial and commercial opportunities and risks on individual contracts; driving through opportunities with Operational teams.
- Drive contractual uplifts to support individual businesses as required
- To oversee a team of Finance Business Partners, providing guidance, support and development of a strong, cohesive team
- Must hold an appropriate professional qualification for the role ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Extensive experience working in a Finance organisation, preferably within a similar industry
- Experience in a similar role within a multi-site business is desirable
- Prior experience of working with an outsourced organization is desirable but not mandatory
- Understanding of ISS's strategy, commercially minded and customer focused.
- Track record of collaborating with business leaders in a complex business environment.
- Experience of adding value in a commercially orientated bidding and contracting environment.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the business within their scope of responsibility.
- Evidence of ability to influence, negotiate, listen to and resolve conflicts with peer and senior decision makers.
- Ability to highlight problems, offer innovative and practical solutions, and drive through their execution.
- Strong commercial acumen, as well as a strong understanding of the relationships between key financial and non-financial business value drivers.
- Translate business requirements into open, honest and transparent insight to solve business challenges.
- Ability to interpret and deal with incomplete data; and the capability to exercise judgement where there is ambiguity
- Evidence of building and maintaining strong relationships with peer and senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Evidence of building trust with a team; allowing direct conversations and not sanitising messages.
- Experience of having worked successfully in a virtual team.
- Demonstrates diligence, integrity and personal gravitas.
- Adaptable, energetic and a continuous learner
- A high level of focus on the achievement of targeted results
- A high level of flexibility and a positive attitude to innovation and change
We offer you a challenging and exciting career in a large organisation with people at its heart. ISS has an open culture with opportunities to develop, grow and make a difference, for everyone. Our employees share our values and a common passion for people, collaboration and service excellence; an ethos which is embedded into our culture. #entrepreneurship