UKFast currently has an exciting opportunity for a passionate and dedicated engineer to join our Launch Team. You will be responsible for delivering our high-quality technical solutions to our Enterprise Customers while ensuring an outstanding level of customer service at all times.
Taking full ownership of the setup, installation, configuration, and documentation of all products deployed under the UKFast product portfolio, you will ensure all deployments match both technical and business requirements while providing the highest standards of support for every UKFast customer. You will ensure that the customer is always kept up to date and agreed delivery times are met while looking for innovative ways to improve our speed of delivery
As part of this vital team, you will be managing multiple deployments at any given time so the ability to work at pace while maintaining the highest attention to detail is a must. You will be forward-thinking and a natural problem solver at heart. You will have the ability to overcome technical challenges and a solid understanding of how solutions are architected and built. You will have a growth mindset capable of helping us to evolve; constantly looking to introduce new technologies and improve the solutions that we build, deliver and support.
This role is ideal for someone who thrives in a varied and diverse technical environment with plenty of cross-team collaboration. Our launch team is at the heart of almost every technical solution UKFast builds for a customer, allowing for plenty of progression opportunities to specialist teams, cloud engineering, or even people management as the team continues to grow! What you will do
What you will bring
- Be the point of contact for all assigned customer deployments
- Work with customers to ensure all information is present and correct ensuring all technical documentation if available to fulfill a customer request
- Install and configure servers
- Application configuration to match customer requirements
- Quality assurance of customer solutions
- Handle the initial triage of tickets and escalation where required (whist considering timely response within the SLA).
- Communicate to customers in the event of Service Affecting Changes and Issues
- Ensure all customer reporting is delivered on time and NPS targets are always met.
- Previous experience in a technical role in either Linux or Windows operating systems (Linux preferred)
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to build strong relationships with customers and teammates
- Experience with server OS application layers such as Apache/ IIS or MySQL/ MSSQL
- A level-headed approach when working under pressure
- Ability to produce good quality documentation
- High-level knowledge of cloud services and information security technology
- Great attention to detail, particularly in customer documentation and reporting
- Experience of a Service Desk and a corresponding software application for managing tickets
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- Private health insurance after one years' service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service.
- Flexible working and work from home
- Award-winning training and education centre with four full-time teachers to help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn.
- Pearson Vue test centre on-site
- On-site gym
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles.
- Free onsite parking
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Team building experiences
- Volunteer days to help support our community and charity partners
- Active and engaged diversity groups with events and educational sessions arranged regularly