Pelican Procurement is hiring a QA Automation Engineer to establish the software quality assurance function within its eProcurement group.
This is a greenfield opportunity, integral to our Agile and SCRUM approaches. You will set the test automation strategy, define the tools and technologies to be used, and determine where efficiencies can be achieved.
Introducing an 'automation first' approach, your initial focus will be on creating an automated test framework to exercise the client-facing functionality of our Pi product; with testing of back-office applications and processes next on the roadmap.
Liaising closely with the development teams of our Pi and Back Office products, and the database team, you will be heavily involved in technical troubleshooting; diagnosing technical issues, identifying and reporting bugs and investigating root cause.
Now is a great time to join our team of talented colleagues; we're offering the opportunity to be part of the expanding development of our highly successful product, which is being heavily invested in by the organisation, and to grow and lead the QA function.Early deliverables
We're looking for
- Setting up the infrastructure and processes to support the DevOps pipeline required to run the automation test suite within the Azure environment
- Establishing a process for providing technical troubleshooting to the eProcurement support team
- Identify high risk areas/vulnerabilities and prioritise tasks accordingly
Salary and benefits
- Someone who works well in a fluid, Agile, environment and enjoys solving complex problems
- Someone self-motivated and accustomed to making decisions
- Experience of - or a good degree of exposure to - establishing a test automation framework from scratch
- Strong experience with automated testing, ideally using a UI test framework (e.g. Selenium, Cypress or similar)
- Solid manual testing abilities - for establishing new processes, product familiarity, diagnostic activities etc.
- Familiarity with DevOps pipeline solutions and technology in a CI/CD environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft stack and Azure Cloud infrastructure
- Solid scripting, a good understanding of relational databases and ability to query using SQL
- We've an open mind on pay, please liaise with techfolk to let us now the range you're open to
- Attractive contributory pension scheme | life assurance | discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual leave; 25 days, two community days and up to two weeks unpaid leave (by discretion)
- Health and wellbeing programme: including optical, dental, therapy treatments, counselling
- Access to continued professional and leadership development
- Unique employee-only deals from a large selection of retailers, including shopping discounts and reduced gym memberships
Pelican is a market-leading procurement specialist, providing purchasing and supply chain SaaS solutions to private and public sector organisations. Customers span a variety of different sectors - hotel, restaurant, public sector, education and healthcare, to name a few - each client with purchasing spends ranging from £500k to £20m. Pelican, part of the Aramark Group (NYSE: ARMK), is a friendly, supportive and dynamic workplace currently with 70 staff and modern offices in Farnborough. http://www.pelicanprocurement.co.uk/Location:
you may work remotely within the UK, or at our new modern offices in the Farnborough Aerospace Centre. We have a flexible approach to working so we can support a mixed remote and office based arrangement. You can anticipate occasional visits to the office - with plenty of notice - to attend conferences or meetings.Timing:
joining us in the Autumn, ideally during October - NovemberPlease note: we can only consider applicants that have an established right to work in the UK
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Vittoria at techfolk to find out more:
0117 318 2447 | firstname.lastname@example.org
RECRUITERS: Pelican Procurement Services has selected techfolk as our exclusive recruitment partner for this position and cold calling and speculative approaches are not welcomed.