Location AnstonThe Company
- In a nutshell, we build buses and coaches. In fact, more than half of the buses you see on the roads in the UK are built by Alexander Dennis. We have a huge responsibility for keeping the world moving.
- Not only do we build them, but we also look after them once on the road. We call it Aftermarket, but really this is just like your car garage doing maintenance, repairs, upgrades etc.
- We are saving the planet. Our purpose is to support Governments globally with their push to reduce pollution and improve air quality by building greener, more eco-friendly buses.
- We love our customers. So much so, almost every bus we build is bespoke - what the customer wants, we will do our best to deliver.
- We have a fantastic Canadian parent company called NFI. They welcomed us into the family in 2019, and we haven't looked back ever since.
- There is no doubt about it - it was a tough 2020 for Alexander Dennis. But now we are building back, winning new orders in Germany and Ireland which will be manufactured right here in the UK.
- Our global footprint is pretty impressive. We have a presence in some super cool places across the world from Hong Kong to Auckland to Toronto.
Want to know even more? Check out our YouTube channel here!Your Dream Role
- Put simply, you will carry out vehicle repairs on a range of our passenger carrying vehicles.
- Ensure repairs are carried out efficiently and in the most cost-effective manner possible.
- Keep us safe. Comply with Health & Safety and ISO Quality policies and procedures at all times.
- Positively impact our customer by providing a high quality of work and service at all times.
- We are a fast-paced business with priorities shifting all the time. Work cross functionally internally and externally to deliver business and customer requirements.
- Roles like this don't come along often - you will have exposure to a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally.
- Working pattern of Monday-Thursday 0730 to 1600 hrs & Friday 0730 until 1230 hours for that important work/life balance.
- Ideally you will be a time served Apprentice in a relevant trade, however we are open to semi-skilled applicants.
- If you have some experience in a similar complex, global business - even better!
- A decent understanding of bus, coach & commercial vehicles.
- The ability to interpret and implement technical instruction data.
- A full UK Driving Licence would be great. Even better if you hold Vocational PSV or HGV Licences.
- Compliance is key. You will have a working knowledge of vehicle maintenance procedures and VOSA Standards.
- Relationship building will come easily to you. You will be confident and won't shy away from working with a variety of people including customers.
- Driven and passionate about delivering the highest quality of work at all times.
- Things can be hectic here so you will have the ability to work unsupervised, often to tight deadlines.
- Generally, someone who fits into our culture - approachable, with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Some experience in motor vehicle maintenance/repairs.
- Be flexible towards working hours as and when the business requires.
- Able to travel to customer premises if required.
- The opportunity to work for a company doing amazing things for our environment.
- Be coached and mentored by highly experienced and knowledgeable stakeholders.
- A competitive salary package - we aim to reward our people at the level they deserve.
- A half day every Friday. Yes, every Friday. A long weekend, every weekend.
- We don't employ people and tell them what to do. You will have the opportunity to change and improve the way we do things which is always good for your personal development.
If this sounds like you, and you're interested in coming 'aboard', then we would love to hear from you. Alongside uploading your CV, please share a short cover letter detailing why you're interested and why we should hire you!
- Recommend a friend reward is applicable for this role.
We care deeply about being inclusive and we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Due to the volume of vacancies and applications, we would prefer that you submit your application online. If however, you require an alternative method of applying, please give us call on +44 1324 621 672 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org