At Tata Technologies we make product development dreams a reality by designing, engineering and validating the products of tomorrow for the world's leading manufacturers. Due to our continued growth we are now recruiting for a Domain Leader to be based at our office in Warwick .
Our Engineering Research and Development department (ER&D) is a fast growing function within Tata Technologies Limited that is assembled to work on exciting projects globally for multiple customers. It comprises highly specialized engineers across Automotive, Aerospace and Industrial Heavy Machinery.The Role:
Take program leadership of In-Flight Programmes and/ or significant high risk / high value projects with up to 50 people reporting indirectly. Area of Responsibility
Knowledge / Experience
- Overall technical responsibility for project deliverables
- Set and deliver objectives to meet the group business plan and continue to grow the recognized technical excellence.
- Key tasks will include: Styling Feasibility, Vehicle Packaging, Vehicle Definition, Vehicle Architecture & Design and Technical Process Control.
- Development and execution of the engineering plans and metrics for all phases of the lifecycles in partnership with the engineering functional leads.
- Ensuring successful project gateway reviews
- Ensuring that the design and development tasks are undertaken using defined and agreed standards and methodologies.
- Ensuring that the all vehicle build phases are undertaken using defined and agreed standards and methodologies.
- Review and approval of the project for the engineering and quality work packages
- Plan and deliver the future technology requirements for the business. Identify & deploy resource requirements
- You will need to be able to evidence/demonstrate excellent engineering team management and experience of product design; perhaps involving complex systems integration or the use of multiple technologies.
- You will also need experience of financial planning, engineering development and virtual product creation using a variety of computer aided solutions.
- You will be degree educated or significant equivalent experience or qualifications.
- Ability to lead the resolution of business, technical and process issues as they arise.
- Knowledge of change control, product definition and change management processes will also prove invaluable.
- Successful history of delivery within the automotive sector.
- Ability to communicate and articulate at all levels within and outside the company.
- Demonstrate experience of direct product Design & Release responsibility from Final Product release through the physical build and test phases to #J1
- Full vehicle, cross functional knowledge & experience advantageous
In return for bringing your expertise to our business we offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits including:
· Pension Scheme - We match employee contribution up to 5% of salary
· 25 Days' Holiday
· Private Health Care
· Tata Jaguar Land Rover Privilege Scheme - up to 20% of new JLR vehicles
· Group Income Protection
· Health Assured - Employee Assistance Program
· Group Life Assurance
· Childcare Vouchers
· Health Shield - Private Health Cash Plan
If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Engineering a better world.
Tata Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.