CCP London is growing!
We have a unique opportunity for a talented engineer to join us as part of the team developing AI behaviours and systems for an unannounced online, multiplayer shooter. This person would be joining us in the early stages of development so will have the opportunity to make a big impact on a small team.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the game's AI implementation as well as leading a team of external AI programmers. This is a highly visible position inside of the company, you will be a key member of the Engineering team. Applicants should have a strong understanding of shooter AI and Gameplay fundamentals.
• Lead the code development of compelling AI behaviours and systems
• Work closely with designers to define and refine AI features
• Work closely with Gameplay engineers to integrate and balance AI systems
• Implementation of automated testing of AI systems to assist QA
• Show initiative and take the first step towards solving problems of any size
• Perform code reviews to maintain quality and share knowledge
• Fix bugs and optimise code from the engine upwards
• Collaborate with other disciplines to provide engineering support
• Mentor less senior team members
• Continually learn about state-of-the-art games systems and coding best practices.
• A passion for making video games, ideally having worked on 1 or more titles (PC or console)
• Significant professional experience coding with C++
• Significant professional experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of AI systems
• Significant professional experience with common AI systems (e.g., NavMeshes, Behaviour Trees and Cover Systems)
• Proven ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with other team members across multiple disciplines and experience levels
• Experiencing implementing AI in a multiplayer environment and dealing with replication
• Versatility and a willingness to contribute to a wide range of programming tasks
• Practical experience programming games in UE4.
What we can offer you:
• The inspiring challenge of working on a pioneering, ambitious project with great co-workers
• Get proactively involved in a friendly and Agile studio
• An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
• A diverse and welcoming work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
• Free lunches, drinks and snacks
• A family-friendly work environment with flexible work hours
• Employer contributory pension plan
• Life insurance
• Private medical and dental
• Annual transportation grant
• Annual sports grant.
Please include a brief cover letter along with your CV to let us know why you are interested in joining the team!