Ocean Finance is leading financial technology business offering a wide range of personal finance options to consumers such as our credit builder credit card, personal loans as well as a range of mortgage and second charge products to homeowners. We are a fast-growing business offering a dynamic working environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
We are a business with big ideas. With a growing range of products to serve a growing number of customers, we need to ensure we have expert advice on relevant regulation and best practice. As such we are looking to recruit a Regulatory Risk Manager to work within our 1st Line operations, integrating into our wider 3 Lines of Defence, to provide consultation and guidance to ensure regulation and best practice are at the forefront of all that we do.
You will be working within our Operations 1st Line team, at the heart of a fully digital business, providing expert guidance to our change delivery process, trading activities and other areas as needed across Ocean Finance and CredAbility.
You will be an expert in the regulatory frameworks, rules and guidance relating to our business, customers and products, ideally including data protection legislation and financial promotions. You will have a strong background in working collaboratively, at pace and across a broad portfolio, to ensure business activity takes appropriate consideration of all relevant regulation.
Reporting to our Director of Operations, the successful candidate will be part of a fast-paced business at a very exciting stage in its journey, and you will be absolutely critical to ensuring we continue to build our business by delivering great outcomes for customers.
What you'll do:
· Provide expertise in regulatory frameworks and data protection specific to our financial services products, informing business operation, policy and strategic decision-making
· Act as a champion for regulatory risk within the business - raising awareness of trends and changes, providing input to senior management and governance committees and highlighting compliance-related development needs within the business
· Collaborate as a key part of project delivery to ensure that activities take due consideration of all relevant regulation, policies and best practice to mitigate compliance risk in business operations, including providing sign-off that regulatory advice has been sought and implemented
· Form a key part of our issue management process - providing expertise on compliance-related issues, appropriate handling and future mitigation
· Provide expertise to our ongoing process assurance to ensure that compliance risks are surfaced and appropriate controls are put in place and maintained
· Work as an integral part of our 1st Line of Defence team to provide best-in-class performance in the full range of 1st Line controls
· Provide 1st Line QA of operational activities as required to ensure compliant business operations
· Work in partnership with our Risk and Compliance functions, contributing to a defined and highly effective Three Lines of Defence model
· Perform activities key to policy adherence, including 1st Line QA, DPIAs, DSARs and a role in the erasures process
· This role sits within Ocean Finance but also supports activities within other TMG businesses as required
Your skills and competencies
· Expert knowledge of regulation relevant to financial services (CONC, MCOB, etc), data management and other relevant regulation for a tech-based online financial services provider
· You are excited to become part of a complex, data-driven, digital business, working in highly regulated industry and with big ambitions to grow
· You have proven track record in collaborating within a fast-paced business to provide expertise and assurance in support of mitigating regulatory risk
· You have proven expertise in driving projects relating to regulatory change, communicating and collaborating effectively at all tiers of the organisation and across the 3 Lines of Defence
· You have an unparalleled customer focus, recognising that we believe compliance with all relevant regulations is the foundation of a great customer experience
· You are comfortable adapting your approach to deliver in a remote environment, collaborating across multiple countries
· You share our core values - Professionalism, Respect, Humility, Passion, Openness and Trust
What's in it for you:
We highly value people that can make a difference and to reflect this we offer:
· Competitive salary
· A culture built on openness and mutual support
· Commitment to your development, growing you as part of our overall success story
· Pension & annual salary review
· Freedom to work remotely or (based on situation) from our Manchester or Cyprus offices