Senior Security Advisor | Cyber Security | London or Manchester
Adeptis Group is currently partnered with a key regulatory authority that is on a critical mission to enhance Cyber Resilience across the entire communications sector and as a result, is on the hunt for an individual who is up to the challenge of performing a critical role, working on projects with high strategic impact on GB critical national infrastructure, and influencing significant change in accordance with the NIS Directive across the entire communications sector.
In this position, you will act as a senior advisor surrounding the significant rollout of the NIS Directive to multiple operators of essential services influencing key business and security decisions across the entire sector to ensure increased resistance and most importantly the future protection of UK CNI.
This is an incredibly rewarding and unique role as the work you do here will not only impact security improvement within a business... but across an entire sector.Responsibilities
What you will need
- Providing cyber security technical expertise and advice across the regulatory regimes implemented by the Network Security team
- Support the NIS Directive roll out, management and development of new legislation across the Telecoms sector and associated guidance.
- Work with other members of the team in assessing any compliance implications arising from breaches that are reported by regulated companies.
- Support the management of a threat intelligence-led vulnerability testing scheme that has been introduced across the major Communications Provider community. This will include, working with stakeholders in scoping, agreeing, and managing the testing, and monitoring progress against a remedial action plan of vulnerability tests.
- Work with colleagues in Enforcement and Legal teams to provide support in relation to any compliance enforcement activity.
- Work with industry stakeholders, Government and other relevant agencies to ensure policy goals are aligned and effectively coordinated.
- Proven experience working within the telecoms or the digital infrastructure sectors.
- Excellent understanding of conducting security assurance assessments, audits, and managing remediation plans
- Demonstrable understanding of the types of threat actors that would target the communications space
- Broad experience across all cybersecurity risk management domains (strategy, governance, risk management, protection, detection, response, recovery and resumption of services, situational awareness, testing, etc...).
- Good experience in the practical application of best practice cyber standards and guidance (NIST, ISO27001, etc...)
- Ability and willingness to undergo Security Clearance
- Desire to keep at the forefront of emerging telecoms or digital infrastructure technologies
If you possess these skills and meet the above criteria, please apply here, or for more information please call Ryan direct on 01273 855350, alternatively e-mail: r.virani(at)adeptisgroup.com.
Adeptis Group, global leaders in security staffing.