Hello from the Haven Digital team! We are roughly 100 people creating incredible user experiences on our range of websites, apps, tools and systems all focused on one thing: giving our holidaymakers a great time with memories that last a lifetime.
We are in growth mode
, the Digital team is set to grow significantly over the next year or so to match and deliver on the digital-first business strategy.
We have 38 Haven holiday parks from Scotland to Cornwall, in stunning locations around the UK coast. For our 2.6 million guests, we're a real breath of fresh air and we're passionate about giving them a great time with memories that last a lifetime.
About the role:
We're looking for a Frontend Lead Engineer
to join the dynamic Haven Digital team. Working for one of the UK's best-loved holiday brands, you will lead a team of engineers as part of a cross-functional squad to deliver compelling end user experiences for our guests and owners. Key activity over the next few months include integration for restaurant and activity bookings and driving innovation in these areas - we've got some VERY big plans!
With an ambitious digital roadmap to support an equally ambitious growth plan, you will be right at the heart of delighting our customers. You can be based anywhere in the UK for this role
, as long as you're happy to travel occasionally to meet up with your team and stakeholders.
What you will be doing:
- Support your team to develop clean, quality code, leading to improved products/NPS for customers
- Leading by example to create an engineering culture of continuous learning and improvement - this includes being "hands on"
- Mentor, develop and stretch your team
- Build systems and approaches enabling the team to build on others' work to meet objectives while managing technical debt
- Act as a key stakeholder in the OKR process
- Building your expertise, setting you up for continued growth with Haven - we're looking for someone to grow with us
What we'd like you to bring:
- Experience of leading a team in a cloud-first environment
- A cored understanding of digital products, user cases, users and interactions to best build the right solution
- Experience of working in a culture of collaboration and continuous learning
Every year, more and more people get away from it all for a Haven holiday. We're part of the award-winning Bourne Leisure family, along with Butlins and Warner Leisure Hotels. Give our guests a great time and we'll give you the opportunity of a lifetime.