Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables as a Business Project Manager
will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Produce and maintain a project and quality plan and conduct the project accordingly. Developing full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Establish effective and appropriate project governance for the project
- Manage the project staff and other resources assigned to the project.
- Report effectively on project progress, problems encountered and their solutions by means of a project status report and also ad-hoc reports as appropriate.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an on-going basis
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Ensure proper financial management of the project including tracking planned hour variances and Estimate at Completion (EAC).
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Control project financials thru an effective change control process and efficient resources management
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, working with the client and internal project teams.
- Ensure proper risk management by documenting all risks and ensuring effective mitigation strategy. Devise contingency plans as necessary.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Develop or enhance best practices and tools for project execution and management
- 5+ years of direct (recent) experience in a similar role in an insurance, financial services or cloud core banking institutions with Fixed Price / Scope implementation/ SaaS on boarding
- Digital retail banking experience
- Mandatory knowledge on JIRA, Salesforce and the Microsoft suite (Excel, Power Point)
- Core banking focus on Business Process & Operation industry knowledge preferred especially focused on SaaS onboarding.
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience in implementation and support of complex enterprise software systems
- Thorough understanding of project management methodologies and tools available
- Customer driven and have the ability to work within a team environment
- Strong organization and presentation skills
- English (fluent written and oral) and ability to work in an international environment.