DescriptionSoftware Engineering Manager
We're Multiverse-a tech start-up on a mission to create an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training. By delivering training in partnership with world-class content providers through a combination of 1:1 coaching and cutting-edge tech, we offer apprenticeships that genuinely rival the learning experience at elite universities.
We raised a $44m Series B round this year, led by General Catalyst, the backers of Airbnb, Snapchat and Deliveroo, GV (Google Ventures), and joined by some of the best venture capital firms.
It's an incredible time to join the Engineering team at Multiverse as we build an outstanding alternative to university. You have a real opportunity to shape the team - and the entire company - at a critical stage in our growth as we build the infrastructure of apprenticeships worldwide.
As an Engineering Manager, your role will be to foster inclusive, healthy and high performing teams. This role is about making everyone around you better, from our Software Engineering apprentices to our Senior Engineers.RequirementsOnce here, you will be working on
- People, Supporting individual growth through coaching & sponsorship
- helping engineers with their personal and professional development: mentoring, listening, guiding them through hard times and celebrating their successes.
- Coaching - supporting career progression with goals and continuous feedback.
- Partnering with the internal people team on interviewing and hiring, new joiner pre and on-boarding, retention and more.
Process & culture, fostering inclusive, healthy and high performing teams
- Enabling healthy team processes and consistent delivery, with the right pace and operational cadence.
- Making everyone around you healthier, more productive and fulfilled by building and maintaining a culture of feedback, setting the highest quality standards and supporting everyone in attaining them.
- Build a people-first, collaborative and empathetic environment.
- Collaborating in organisational design, ensuring the right sizing of the team to deliver on team and company goals, and setting the foundations for the healthy growth of Product and Engineering.
A Bit About You
- Ensure the work your team ships is done with a level of care, safely, with attention to detail.
- Drive technical initiatives that improve our engineering practices in partnership with senior engineers across multiple teams, such as testing, accessibility or performance.
- Arbitrate technical discussions with the team.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to build and deliver on product roadmaps incrementally with a high level of quality to satisfy customer needs.
BenefitsWhat's in it for you?
- You are technically astute and able to arbitrate technical discussions with the team.
- You are an advocate of servant leadership.
- You know what good looks like for a high-performing team of engineers and know-how to get there.
- You take pride in communicating clearly.
- You build a people-first, collaborative and empathetic environment.
- You have experience managing or mentoring the performance and development of high-performing engineers.
Inclusion is at the heart of our social mission.
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy...)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cashback scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
As such, we've launched a 3 pillar Inclusion & Diversity strategy encompassing recruitment, development and culture so that we're intentional about inclusion as we grow. Yes, we're an equal opportunities employer committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, but it goes so much further than that. We value difference and we're dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for every staff member and our apprentice community.Safeguarding
All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service ("DBS") for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently