We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.Job Description
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?Become part of the Team
The Electronics team at PA is an established core function of our product design and engineering capability, primarily based at our technology centre in Melbourn, but also includes specific sites across the UK with close ties to the defence and security community. Made up of around fifty individuals, the group focuses on areas such as Defence Communications systems (including both short-range point-to-point and satellite), IoT, medical devices/advance diagnostics, robotics and automation. Often these work hand-in-hand with our software, data and mechanical engineering teams to create prototypes and products for our customers while others engage with academia to shape, accelerate and focus the next-generation of innovative technology.
If you love technology and the chance to apply your skills to a wide variety of technical problems, then this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
What we're looking for
Primarily supporting our Defence and Security client base, we are looking for a Communications System Engineering s specialist who has a strong understanding of the features, performances and trades that inform a communications system, the equipment and techniques use that form the system.
Because of practical, customer-focused nature of our projects, you should have direct experience of such projects and preferably been experienced in benefits of established systems engineering techniques and tools and where these are best employed.
In return you will have the opportunity to work on a wide-range of different projects each with a common-thread of employing the best-quality systems engineering talent in order to deliver the highest quality engineering advice to our customers. With this focus on quality comes trust, autonomy and variety, with the opportunity to drive your career and technical knowledge into areas you feel most enthused by.Technical Skills
- A strong understanding of communication systems, how they are designed, integrated and tested along with the benefits various technologies can bring in the context of defence.
- Good understanding of formal systems engineering techniques and tools.
- Experience of designing communication systems, ideally within the defence satcom or line-of-sight markets.
- Knowledge of air and baseband interface protocols.
- End to end communication system analysis and use of modelling tools.
- An understanding of the need for designing for compliance to appropriate standards and their impacts.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- Comfortable in presenting and explaining technical material.
- Ability to work both in a team environment or independently.
- Ability to travel and work on client sites across the UK
- Required - Current UK SC clearance or the ability obtain this level of clearance.
We have an enviable record supporting the defence and security community and our innovations and project support help the UK stay ahead in this highly competitive space. If you love innovation and solving real world technology problems, then please apply!Qualifications
- Degree qualified - minimum 2:1 (Electronic Engineering, Communication Systems or related subject)
- Chartered engineer (optional).
Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on [email protected]