Job Title: Senior Software DeveloperSummary of role
With cyber crime and threats increasing across the globe, The Raytheon Team (TRT) are working closely with our customers to develop software solutions to help reduce these threats.
We pride ourselves on flexible working, empowering creativity and supporting our employees. Each member of the team is a player in the success when delivering to our clients.
If you're looking to expand your horizons by learning new technologies, TRT offer on-going professional development. This is via formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management skills.Main duties of the position
Basic Objective: To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems; to rapidly prototype designs and to work within a CI/CD pipeline framework to deploy these designs.
Candidate RequirementsEssential Skills
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements
- Responsible for reviewing team members deliverables and providing feedback & guidance
- Support Estimation Activities
- Supporting technical planning and management meetings
Previous experience of producing and deploying applications in a production environment through a CI/CD pipeline.Desirable Skills (any of the following)
- Java application development
- Application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel
- Cloud technologies: AWS and Azure including infrastructure as code.
- Docker / ECS / ACS Kubernetes containerisation and orchestration
- Puppet / Chef / Jenkins / CI pipelines
- Software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) and/or unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB )
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
Degree in Numerate Subject essential or evidence of ongoing professional development.Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.Standard Benefits:
Raytheon Application Process
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working offering and to be discussed and agreed
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available.
To apply visit the link to the website http://jobs.raytheon.com/united-kingdom/search/