UserTesting enables every organisation to deliver the best customer experience powered by human insight. The market leading on-demand Human Insight Platform from UserTesting is used to make accurate customer-first decisions and quickly create great customer experiences.
Our customers include 48 of the top 100 brands in the world, and we have delivered human insights to over 35,000 companies to-date. One of Silicon Valley's fastest growing private companies, UserTesting prides itself on great company culture, creating a rewarding and supportive environment for our employees. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Atlanta and now Edinburgh, there is a great opportunity to become part of this amazing growth story.The Position:
UserTesting is looking for an excellent Quality Engineer,
with a passion for innovation and collaboration to join our new Edinburgh office. As a member of the engineering team, you will be responsible for performing proactive end to end testing and verification for ongoing product releases, managing defect resolution, and helping to ensure the continuous delivery of features. We consider Quality Engineers an integral partner of our Quality driven culture.
The right candidate will collaborate effectively as part of a wider engineering team with a focus on SaaS projects. You should have solid experience in technical testing and automation, as well as ability to debug and troubleshoot problems, not simply identify them.
As an engineer at UserTesting you will be part of a passionate team that works effectively as a distributed group. You will receive support for your personal and professional growth including a twice annual Product & Engineering events where our teams work (and play) together around themed activities to advance our product, platform and people.Your Duties:
- Champion Quality Engineering best practices and promote team ownership of Quality
- Define testing strategy for features and partner with Software Engineers to implement the automated testing plan across the multiple application layers
- Rigorously test product functionality and investigate potential product defects
- Work closely with software developers and stakeholders to ensure that acceptance criteria is testable
- Design and manage comprehensive test plans for each feature release
- Work to identify root causes of issues and partner with engineering team members to resolve
- Act as the technical test resource to project teams, ensuring reported defects and feature requests have the information required to address and resolve them
- Act as liaison between engineering and other departments to determine next steps and communicate defect status
- Work effectively within a team environment, to regularly solicit and act on feedback, focus on root causes, pair programming, and continually strive to improve
- Collaborate naturally with peers and functions outside of engineering, and with peers who are both remote and co-located in the UK and USA
Bonus points for:
- Functional/regression testing design and execution experience using multiple techniques such as functional, exploratory testing, testing in production, and others.
- Working knowledge and demonstrable experience of a programming language
- Familiarity with the SQL database concepts and ability to analyze and write queries
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot problems, not simply identify them
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Engineering within Agile processes; how QE can help software teams deliver greater business value
- Experience of writing complex automated tests
- Experience testing on multiple devices, browsers and platforms
- Experience of CI tooling, such as CircleCI
- Experience with Git and using GitHub
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
Why you'll love working for UserTesting:
- Design and implementation of automation frameworks
- Cypress Tooling Automation experience
- Experience with testing internal and external APIs and working with Service-Oriented applications.
- Enthusiasm for engineering practices such as refactoring, TDD, CI/CD, pair programming, and design and code reviews
- AWS and CloudServices
- Non Functional testing experience, such as Performance, Accessibility, Usability or Security.
- Experience in the field of User Experience
- Experience using UserTesting is a big plus!
We embrace and enhance UserTesting's core principles: #GetBetter #DriveResults #CustomersFirst #BeKind #KeepItSimple.
Joining UserTesting means being part of a passionate team focused on transforming the way companies learn about their users. UserTesting will continuously invest in your education with a reserved and generous budget and the tools necessary to do the job the right way.
As well as a five star rated 'best place to work' work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer competitive salary, benefits, plenty of perks, as well as stock options. We value diversity, and are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world we're also growing fast.
To learn more about our team, culture, and customers, check out our careers page, company blog, and press/awards. Aside from a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we're also growing the team quickly - join us!