We are a medium sized firm of Chartered Accountants and Professional Business advisers, with offices in Haymarket, London and Godalming, Surrey.The Role:
Reporting to the Tax Principals and Private Client Tax Directors, the role will take responsibility for a portfolio of domestic and international HNWIs, their trusts and associate entities as well as assisting with the trust department management. A key element will be to assist Directors and Principals with ad hoc personal tax planning projects, offshore structuring, domicile advice and succession planning.
This role has prospects to become a Tax Director for the right candidate.
- Prepares tax returns and computations in conjunction with agreed timescales; ensures the efficient and risk managed delivery of compliance.
- Full responsibility for project delivery.
- Supporting senior staff on tax planning and other ad hoc projects.
- Recognise business development opportunities for selling services into clients.
- Build good rapport with clients, manage and meet client expectations.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge.
- Identify risk and technical matters and communicate to senior members of team.
- Manage work in progress to ensure recoverability targets can be met.
- Respond quickly to clients, and anticipate client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact.
- Takes steps to minimise professional risk, including the appropriate documentation of services provided.
- Good working knowledge of UK resident and non-domiciled tax and maintain awareness of UK and international taxation developments and legislation.
- Other ad hoc duties in line with business requirements.
- Whilst the role is London based, travel to clients and the Godalming office will be required.
The role would suit an experienced private client tax manager looking to move up to senior manager, or an established senior manager looking for a new challenge.
*No agencies please*
- Ability to use own initiative and ensure that the clients' needs are fully met.
- Display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Principals and clients.
- Ability to manage a small client portfolio, including high net worth individuals.
- Preferably CTA qualified with recent and relevant experience.
- Have a general practice background with exposure to a range of clients in size and sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality whilst being commercially minded.
- An organised approach and good record keeping skills.
- Maintain in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation.