Black Sheep CoffeeRole:
Finance ManagerContract type:
PermanentPlace of work:
Black Sheep Coffee Support Office, Southwark, Central LondonDepartment:
Head of FinanceSalary:
Competitive and depending on experienceAbout Black Sheep Coffee...
Founded by Eirik & Gabriel, university flatmates, who quit their jobs to #LeaveTheHerdBehind and embark on an exciting coffee journey. Their mission is to challenge the establishment, take down the big corporate brands and rid the world of boring, average-tasting coffee.
Black Sheep Coffee is the only retail coffee company in the world to serve 100% specialty grade Robusta Coffee in a market dominated by Arabica. We buy coffee directly at the plantations ensuring the picking, drying, and washing process adhere to the strictest of guidelines for a sustainable model that protects the environment, and everyone involved.
All our venues boast an immersive urban experience combined with music and art, as well as one of the UK's coolest after-work scenes where coffee-inspired cocktails and local spirits come together.Position Profile & Role summary
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our team. This role will be a mix of owning all aspects of Commercial Finance (acting as a bridge between Finance & Operations) and owning the management accounts to provide accurate weekly and monthly reporting. This is a great opportunity to be part of a fast-growing business with an exciting future.
This role will provide full support to the Head of Finance and Finance Director with business partnering opportunities across other divisions such as property, operations, IT and supply chain. As the Finance Manager you are responsible for: Management accounts:
- Full ownership in the preparation of month-end consolidated group management accounts using retail accounting (i.e. preparation of management accounts on a 5 week, 4 week, 4 week basis). This includes: Labour journals, Property accruals and prepayments (rent, rates, utilities) and Support office prepayments
- Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and analysis of key accounts
- Preparation of slides for management reporting pack including consolidated balance sheet and cashflow with commentary on movements from prior months
- Register Fixed Assets, run depreciation and ensure reconciles on a monthly basis
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Reviewing property cost invoices (rent and service charge invoices) to ensure they are in line with lease
- Assisting with year-end audit including pulling together the support required from the audit requirement listing.
- Support Head of Finance with the management of Franchising
Essential requirements - Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A weekly flash report sent out each Monday summarising key KPIs and estate wide profitability followed by a meeting with the operations team to discuss results and anomalies vs expectations and proposed improvements for future weeks
- Preparing capital expenditure appraisals and sales forecasts for new shops as well as ongoing forecasts for the existing estate to assist with cash flow forecast
- Business partnering with Support office divisions to help identify cost savings and improvements to commercial reporting
- Deliver bespoke training to support office & shop estate to improve the financial knowledge of teams and assist in understanding reports
- For new shop openings ensure the correct allocation of capex and prepare final reconciliation of actual vs budget with variance analysis
- Completing financial analysis as required, for example, product pricing & margin reviews, pay rate benchmarking
- Fully qualified professional accountant (CA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Multi-site retail business accounting experience
- An advanced user of all Microsoft Office products (particularly Excel)
- Financial modelling experience
- Experience with Xero
- Audit experience is beneficial but not essential
- Strong commercial acumen
- Self-starter and willing to go above and beyond to ensure the job is completed
- Ability to think outside the box, using initiative to identify further improvements for the business
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise
- Team player
- Analytical skillset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised
- Good attitude