We operate in a Global Team environment with regular contact with colleagues in North America and APAC. The Financial Accountant role is a hands-on position managing the EMEA operations finance activities. You will report to and work closely with the EMEA regional director and Finance staff in North America, you will also manage a Financial Accountant in the UK.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:Job Duties:
- Accounts Receivable - create, send, follow up on invoices, process receipts, credit control, and related administration
- Accounts Payable - process supplier invoices, reconcile to purchase orders (and other supporting documentation), prepare, review and issue payments
- Ensure reimbursable travel expenses are billed back to the client in a timely manner; follow up with staff and suppliers to gather supporting documentation
- Reconciliations of balance sheet accounts such as bank, accrued expenses, deferred revenue, and other accounts
- Month end closing and prepare financial statements for management review
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested, and suggest recommendations for improvements on processes and cost control
- Answer questions and provide assistance to internal stakeholders, customers, and suppliers as needed
- Prepare payroll for employees in UK and Netherlands, ensure all documents and amounts are accurate
- Prepare quarterly VAT filing and annual tax filing
- Able to demonstrate experience in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable is essential
- Understanding of project-based/accrual accounting preferred
- Able to work in a commercial-driven and fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping / double entry
- Competent skills with Microsoft Office and Intermediate/advanced skills in excel
- Knowledge of NetSuite accounting software preferable
PS- Advance thanks for "running the gauntlet" we've designed to maximize the likelihood of our mutual success.
PPS- NLI is more than an equal opportunity employer. We're actively focused on expanding and diversifying our applicant pool to ensure our team represents the diverse range of our communities and clients.