Field Marketing Specialist, UKI
To accompany our exponential growth in UKI, Fortinet EMEA Marketing is seeking a Field Marketing Specialist in the IT Industry to help further expand our customer and market footprint in the region. This role will focus on field marketing lead and pipeline building activities. The right candidate for this role will have excellent tactical execution skills as well as a desire to build plans and strategies aligned to specific market and sales segments.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Field Marketing, UKI Region. The Field Marketing Professional will be working closely with UKI sales to understand their targets, priorities and key accounts and collaborate with various EMEA marketing departments.
*this is an individual contributor position, not a people management position*
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with UKI sales and UKI Field Marketing leadership to develop and execute a field marketing plan which best supports business growth and is designed to drive brand awareness, leads, demand and pipeline. The Field Marketing Plan should be in line with corporate, EMEA and UKI sales and marketing priorities and messaging.
- Develop and drive integrated marketing programmes to achieve pipeline goals
- Leverage a repeatable and programmatic set of corporate programmes to drive demand
- Manage key field marketing activities such as working with third party publications on content syndication, local webinars and sponsorship of UKI industry events (virtual for the time being)
- Manage and track Field Marketing Budget (MDF) assigned including tracking of results/ROI
- Work closely with different Fortinet teams (e.g. EMEA Business Development, EMEA Demand Centre) on closed-loop lead generation process around direct marketing activities
- General coordination of events such as customer days and industry conferences. This includes the preparation and follow up for each event
- Creation of Purchase Requisitions, invoice management and budget tracking
- Assignment of leads to the relevant campaign and sales representative in Salesforce.com, track ROI on each activity
- Other duties as assigned
Profile / Education / Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in IT Marketing, preferably IT-Security
- Demonstrated success in Field Marketing for a high-tech vendor; understanding the needs of the sales team; experience in marketing for a specific vertical a plus
- Complete understanding of the full range of field marketing tactics and shows good judgement on when to use which tactic to achieve a specific goal
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and oral
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, results driven and data aware, creative, responsive, strong organizational and communication skills and ability to set priorities
- Strong desire for teamwork and enjoys working in cross functional teams
- Knowledge of CRM/sales/email automation systems and how to use basic report functionality (SFDC experience a plus)
- CIM or other marketing qualification is a bonus