- City of London, London
- £70,000 - £90,000
- Permanent, full time
Boutique IT organisation seeks experienced Senior Infrastructure Consultant to work with our clients to architect, design and implement a broad array of IT solutions. A rewarding and varied customer-facing role in a small and friendly team.Who are we?
- Sensical is a small and growing IT consultancy and managed services provider (MSP) based in the City of London.
- Our happy customers are small and medium sized organisations (SMEs) in financial services and other sectors that appreciate a level of expert advice, reliability of systems and quality support that is a cut above the average.
- We are a friendly close-knit and supportive team of experts.
1. IT Consultation:
- Understand customers' existing IT solutions and infrastructure architectures.
- Collect, understand and document customer business and technical requirements.
- Determine solution options, fully analysing advantages and disadvantages from both technical and commercial angles.
- Document and present solution options and recommendations to senior non-technical customer audiences.
2. IT Architecture and Design:
- Document detailed IT architectures, high-level deigns (HLD) and low-level designs (LLD) for existing and new systems and for internal and customer-facing audiences. Carry out necessary research and testing to ensure architectures and designs are accurate and fit for purpose.
3. Implementation of IT infrastructure solutions:
Essential skills and experience
- Create implementation, test and rollout plans, including Change Requests.
- Implement, test and launch solutions.
- Create maintenance plans and support documentation, implement monitoring, provide training and handover solutions to Sensical or customer operations teams.
- Solid grounding in all IT architecture concepts (inc. security, availability, recovery, backup, performance, scalability and monitoring) and technologies (inc. virtualisation; on-prem, private cloud, public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS as well as TCP/IP).
- Expertise in any two of the following technologies: Virtualisation (VMware, HyperV, Azure or AWS), Windows Server, GPO, Hosted Desktop (Citrix, RDS), Exchange, MDM (Intune), Databases (MSSQL), Web/HTTP, Windows Networking (DNS, DHCP etc).
- Ability to apply past experience to quickly understand any system in detail.
- Ability to work well with others, including engineers with varying seniority and experience, treating others with respect and supporting their development..
- Excellent customer facing communication skills, verbal and written.
- Commercial awareness: Understand commercial boundaries and that "time is money".
- Understanding of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) including build and operational costs.
- Quality ethos with a desire to ensure all systems are secure, resilient and performant.
- Ability to architect and design fit-for-purpose solutions within constraints of time & cost.
- Able to maintain a strong sense of ownership for all deliverables.
- Visio, Word and Excel expert.
- Bonus linked to individual and company commercial performance.
- Overtime and/or TOIL at 1.5x during week and 2x during weekends.
- Flexible working location and hours.
- Pension scheme.
- Training and relevant ongoing certifications.
- Friendly and flexible working environment, in a company that focuses on delivering excellence.
- Work closely with a group of passionate experts.
- Exposure to a vast range of technologies.
- Have your ideas valued and see the fruits of your labour.
- Ability to work with a broad set of clients, each in key market verticals.
- Opportunity to excel in both leadership and technical excellence.
- Growth routes through to chief architect or management.
- Training and relevant ongoing certification
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
· Appropriate Microsoft, Azure, AWS, VMware etc. certifications will be highly regarded.