The revolution will not be televised. It will be streamed.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers worldwide while gaining meaningful experience across various disciplines.About The Role
Roku's leadership in the streaming media industry means we are well-positioned to shape the future of television - including TV advertising - around the world. Our continued success relies on investing in our internal release processes.
Roku's core OS organisation is looking for an experienced Software Engineer who specialises in accelerating development through the creation and maintenance of automated build & test automation pipelines. Candidates should have a solid grounding with Linux open-source software and tools, as well as compiling applications in Linux. Candidates should possess programming fluency in Python through the creation of new automation and tools utilizing REST APIs and web services. Lastly, candidates must have experience deploying applications and containers in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Ideal candidates should have a hybrid of Build & Release and DevOps experience.
The work we do can be challenging, but that's why we enjoy it so much. The ideal candidate isn't a bystander. They are curious and engaged, willing to jump in to solve problems and make data-driven decisions even when things feel very ambiguous. Our industry changes quickly, so we expect a great candidate to be comfortable responding quickly to changing business needs, knowing that their own success comes when the team succeeds.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting developers by creating and maintaining build and testing pipelines in TeamCity, our continuous integration tool.
- Writing new automation, scripts and tools in Python.
- Creating monitoring tools or other development tools that provide timely feedback on build breaks, test failures, or other impediments to rapid development.
- Create and manage resources in AWS to deploy applications, tools, and development solutions using 'infrastructure as code' tools.
We're excited if you have
- Prior experience with Linux software development and common open source toolchains, specifically using C/C++ compilers such as gcc.
- Prior experience writing solid, reliable Python scripts and applications used in critical development processes and/or used by a large number of developers.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with software development teams (QA Automation, DevOps, Software Engineering)
- Experience creating, maintaining, and developing automation pipelines using a CI/CD tool such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis CI, etc.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, including ECS, EKS, RDS, and EC2 and using 'infrastructure as code' tools to manage systems. (Terraform, AWS CDK, AWS CloudFormation)
The Roku culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We're independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
Hear from one of our leaders
Or hear directly from dozens of our Roku staff around the world at http://bit.ly/WeAreRokuVideos.