Lead and support the team in ensuring maximum utilisation of resources and equipment to achieve efficient production of Right First Time products. To deputise for Manufacturing Manager as required.
This is to be achieved within the company quality, safety and environmental frameworks whilst developing a team working and continuous improvement culture.Dimensions:
The role is night
shift based supporting a line team.
Proactively manage the team to meet daily/weekly production plan demand. Particular emphasis is placed on the short- to medium-term strategy of enabling the factory to respond to the growth plans of all brands in area of control.
Raising culture and behavioural values to ensure the Teams are well placed to respond.
Ensuring operational flexibility is maintained with efficient utilisation of resources of the site support functions (Engineering, Logistics).
Principal ResponsibilitiesHealth & Safety & Environment
- Ensuring the safety of our people and products.
- Focusing on short to medium term week 1 to week 4.
- Operating within a unionised environment where continuous improvement is essential in all areas to support the business needs and working towards "best in class".
- Building strong relationships with team members, peers and colleagues will be the key to the success of the role.
- Ensuring the right values and behaviours are actively role modelled and encouraged.
- Ensuring the supply chain strategy is embedded through out the team and department.
- Ensuring company and site processes and procedures are followed.
- Manage budgets and assist in any capital expenditure projects. Encourage and develop a culture actively driving continuous improvement through engaging their teams across the full Site strategy
People Management & Development
- Ensure all staff are; Aware of the hazards in the workplace.
- Ensure risk assessments and SOPS are available and in place.
- Understand content of risk assessments sufficiently to monitor and ensure recommendations are being followed.
- Immediately resolves all unsafe acts and conditions through to a safe conclusion.
- Understands own and others health & safety responsibilities as laid down within the Princes Foods Health and Safety Responsibilities for Managers and Supervisors guidelines and other statutory acts and regulations.
- Proactive involvement in Safety observation tours.
- Carries out other Health and Safety audits / assessments in line with site schedule.
- Encourages team members to submit near miss reports.
- Ensures response to near misses and accident forms are acted upon against agreed timescales and managed through to completion.
- Promote and support departmental FAST team.
- Initiates accident / incident investigations immediately and manages through to completion with reasonably practicable timescales.
Production Production / Logistics
- Completes effective appraisals (EDR / PDR) of team members.
- Continuously monitors progress against set targets and gives constructive feedback to team.
- Carries out fair and impartial investigations (e.g. safety / disciplinary).
- Conducts disciplinary notices according to site policy.
- Manages attendance / absence to site policy.
- Manages people through the agreed company policies and procedures.
- Carries out return to work interviews for team on their first day of return.
- Sets targets and standards, regularly monitors progress, gives and encourages constructive feedback from team members.
- Trains and develops team (including new starters) via regular training, coaching and mentoring.
- Develops team training plan and measures performance against this.
- Promotes team working by encouraging involvement from all employees.
- Prioritises holiday requests.
- Uses SAP to accurately manage working time.
- Ensures labour is planned to meet production / logistic demands.
- Ensure authorised SOPS are available and used to achieve standardisation of tasks / activities.
- Manages team to deliver KPIs. Ensuring they are understood and aligned to business objectives.
- Minimise costs through efficient use of resources.
- Controls cost and overheads in line with budget.
- Operates to the agreed manufacturing / logistic plan.
- Ensure all the team understand and work to required Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Lead continuous improvement teams and projects.
- Tracks effectiveness of improvement projects and reports on progress.
- Supports equipment and material trials and ensures all settings and procedures are documented.
- Gathers data and uses it to identify opportunities for improvement and waste reduction.
- Carries out root cause analysis of production / logistic issues.
- Ensure breakdown improvement actions are implemented.
- Works with engineering to deliver effective maintenance programme.
- Ensure engineering resource within the team are deployed according to production / logistic requirements.
- Ensure that all team understand and work to required quality standards.
- Ensures all paperwork is completed in accordance to site quality standards.
- Promotes and delivers a Right First Time mentality.
- Completes audits against agreed site schedule.
- Assigned quality actions are managed through to completion.
- Participates and actively encourages others to attend taste panels.
- Alongside Technical, ensures site is compliant against customer and accreditation assessments.
- Ensure operation and functionality of CCPs are maintained and report any issues / concerns to Technical.
- Attend agreed monthly, weekly, daily meetings at all levels with appropriate preparation.
- Build strong effective working relationships to work closely with colleagues within and across other functions.
- Produce performance reports against plan / KPIs as required by the site management.
- Delivers engaging team briefings to team members.
- Carries out effective shift handovers.