Firmware Engineer Our Business
This is an exciting time to join the recently rebranded Pulsar Measurement business, following the merger of Pulsar Process Measurement and Greyline Instruments, and the wider TASI Flow Group. The recent merger of two successful and growing businesses specializing in ultrasonic level and flow measurement has set us up for success, while growing the business both in the US and the rest of the world.
TASI, our parent group formed in 1999, has successfully grown companies who consistently deliver world-class products and services, focusing on our global customer needs in diverse market segments. TASI's high repeat customer rate is due to an ability to remain close to our customers reinforced by providing local service and complete engineered solutions and problem solving.
Join us on this exciting journey. Your Role
The Firmware Engineer will be responsible for software and firmware engineering within the global Pulsar Measurement R&D team. With strong knowledge and experience in software and firmware development, you will excel within a multi-skilled R&D team contributing to delivery against Pulsar Measurement's strategic business objectives. Your Responsibilities
Based in either the Pulsar Measurement facility in Florida USA, Long Sault Canada or Malvern UK, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement reliable and intuitive software whilst maintaining current and legacy portfolio.
- Develop, implement, and maintain firmware solution in embedded and microcontroller-based systems.
- Directly responsible for software and firmware development tasks relating, but not limited to, new product development, sustaining production, product enhancement, regulatory compliance, validation testing and circuit diagnosis.
- Analyze, validate and test logic and computational algorithms.
- Support software and product acceptance testing.
- Plan and produce deliverables on-cost and on-time in an agile design and development environment.
- Communicate and operate cohesively within the team to produce optimal result.
- Assist with product documentation such as user manuals and work instructions.
- Assist with electronics and hardware development.
- Upskill and train within area of expertise to take on emerging challenges and opportunities presented by evolving technology.
- Generate and maintain effective documentations throughout firmware and software development.
- Be an integral member of the R&D team by providing support and guidance to all departments when required and perform other duties that are not specified within this document.
What's on offer?
- Passion for programming and problem solving.
- Degree or higher in Software, Computer Science or Electronics engineering, or significant and demonstrable experience in industry
- Proficient with .Net programming languages such as C# and Visual Basic, Java and/or other object-oriented languages.
- Proficient in firmware programming languages based upon C and C++, and associated development toolchain.
- Knowledge and experience firmware development on microcontrollers, preferably within STM and Microchip ecosystem, preferably both bare-metal and RTOS architecture.
- Preferably, knowledge of Android/iOS development toolchain and environment.
- Preferably, interest in cloud telemetry, control systems or sensor technologies.
A salary of £35,000-£45,000 p.a. dependent on experience.
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, 25 days annual leave allowance as standard, an enhanced flexi annual leave scheme, and death in service benefit. Our Pledge
We recognise that an inclusive and diverse workplace where all employees feel respected, valued and able to achieve their full potential is vitally important. Not only does it inspire creativity and collaboration, its good for business. We celebrate our differences and believe our diverse skills, abilities and perspectives strengthen our culture and our overall performance. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people.