Company DescriptionAbout us
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.Job Description
We're hiring a Senior Operations Manager to lead and maintain operational excellence across the Global Marketing & Design Studio (GM&DS) function at PA.
Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), you will be in a critical role charged with managing all marketing operations including planning, budgets, reporting and people matters, to ensure our marketing strategies and plans are delivered successfully throughout the year. You will be in a strategic leadership position, expected to uphold and maintain the reputation of the function, whilst at times representing the CMO.
You must have experience in a similar business operations role within a professional services organisation. The ability to plan and forecast budgets, track and measure performance, instil best-practice operational processes, whilst having eyes and ears across the function to be able to make commercially minded and risk-conscious decisions, and influence senior leaders, is key to success.Main Responsibilities
- Represent the GM&DS function on all operational deliverables including finances and budgets, legal and procurement, and headcount and recruitment
- Work closely with sector and centre of excellence marketing teams to identify and discuss challenges which impact strategies and plans, ensuring we have the necessary resource, tech, partnerships, and suppliers to successfully deliver marketing campaigns and activities
- Responsible for co-ordinating marketing campaign and activity reporting, including monthly KPIs and a quarterly marketing performance report, demonstrating return on investment and function contribution to business achievements
- Management of the function budget, circa ~£10m, including monthly reporting and quarterly forecasting, in collaboration with a finance business partner to ensure we meet our financial business targets
- Approver for all marketing activity spend, and point of contact for invoicing and payment queries, working closely with a procurement busines partner to ensure all supplier contracts are appropriately reviewed in line with policy and best practice
- Main point of contact for all recruitment related activity, including responsibility for the function employment budget and headcount plan, ensuring we meet our targets as well as resolving any concerns or challenges with a finance business partner and HR
- Key stakeholder relationships with CMO, global marketing leads, finance, legal, procurement, HR and other corporate function contacts
- Line management of a small team of marketing assistants
- 4+ years' experience in a similar operational role within a professional services organisation
- Commercially minded with proven experience managing a corporate budget with an understanding of business finances and targets
- Confident communicating strategically both through written and verbal communications
- Confident in a leadership position with the ability to influence the decision making of senior stakeholders
- Ability to manage a busy and demanding workload, with multiple stakeholders across the organisation
- Line management experience ideal
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint, and advanced in Word
Inclusion & Diversity
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on [email protected]