HEROTECH8 is a robotics startup based at Cranfield, UK developing automated drone technology for industrial inspection, security and defence applications. Our key technical activities include the manufacturing of our core automated drone technology, research and development around new products and services, and providing remote drone operations services to our customers.Role
Due to sustained commercial growth, we have an opportunity for a software engineer to join our team.
This role is based at our office at Cranfield University where we manufacture, test and deliver our Automated Drone Station (ADS) technology, or "drone-in-a-box", alongside our applied R&D activities. The ability to work from home is available on a part-time basis.
As a software engineer, you will be an important member of our team, with daily opportunities to shape our product. Suitable for an enthusiastic individual with solid proven expertise in software development with a high level motivation to learn and grow as our company does.
You will help design, develop and support new and existing software products and features. Write clean, high-quality and maintainable code following coding standards and best practices. You will coordinate across teams to ensure project meets business objectives and compliance standards.
Day-to-day, this role involves working with Node.JS, React, MongoDB, Git, Microservices, Linux, Java/Android, Pub/Sub (MQTT/ROS) and Cloud ServicesResponsibilities
Working closely with our software team, the primary focus of this role will be to provide support for the day-to-day usage and development of our rapidly growing fleet of automated drone stations, including:
- Designing and developing exciting new software functionalities and features.
- Investigating issues reported by clients and colleagues
- Providing reliable, well thought out and tested software fixes and solutions
- Carrying out simulated/field testing for QA purposes and test bug fixes/new features in preparation for release
- Deployment of software to our systems around the world, both via remote connection and physical access
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with Java/Android app development
- Experience of Linux server management and working within a Linux environment
- Good understanding of microservice concepts and architecture, proven experience beneficial
- Willingness to work in an adaptive, fast paced agile-based environment
- Strong people skills, the ability to support and guide your software team colleagues is essential
We're a small team managing a large number of applications, so please bear with us. If you don't hear from us within two weeks, we're sorry that it's not worked out this time. We'll keep your details on file for any relevant roles that come up - to opt out of this, just drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org.