Do you want to help revolutionise the future of transportation and smart cities? Skyports has aspirations of being the world's leading Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) infrastructure provider. The industry is estimated to reach US$115 billion annually by 2035 with ground infrastructure being a critical enabler.
We are looking for our first Full Stack developer to join the CTO & Tech Lead and help us not only build a world-leading product but a world leading organisation. We are a small, highly capable and motivated team. You won't be stuck behind a desk all day coding. You will have the opportunity to support our sites and partners all around the world. We're regularly in the news, see what we get up to (https //skyports.net/news-2/).
There are few opportunities where you'll get to work on a truly green-field project (we only recently down-selected a cloud provider). You'll get to inform the tech stack from the ground up and the only tech debt we introduce will be our own doing.Requirements
These are some of the technologies we're investigating (but you might have other ideas). Because of this, ideally you're adaptive and comfortable with a wide range of technologies.
- Azure Functions, Azure App Service, Aure Iot Hub so an ability to develop solutions in a cloud environment is important.
- Because our Vertiports integrate systems from a world-leading supply chain, building scalable and secure REST & gRPC APIs is critical. Middleware technologies including MQTT and AMQP are also hot on our radar!
- Unlike most traditional software engineering projects, we are building a physical product you can see and touch. As such, technologies including Azure Stack HCI, Azure Stack Edge, Azure Kubernetes Service might be important.
- We will be generating an enormous amount of product data so technologies such as Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Apache HBase, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, SQL/No SQL operational databases are critical.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.Benefits
- A competitive salary.
- Flexible, friendly, and engaging working environment.
- Fantastic learning environment.
- An exciting, fast-paced culture where we can truly make a large positive impact on the world of transportation.
If this is something that gets you excited, we'd love to hear from you.