We are working with a leading utilities business in Northern Ireland that is looking for a recently qualified accountant to join its Belfast based team.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to acquire commercial skills and market knowledge and gain exposure contributing to various innovative projects which facilitate the growth of the business as well as the financial performance of the business. Key Responsibilities
- Completion of month end close, posting journals and preparing necessary reconciliations
- Monthly P&L and Balance Sheet review against budget
- Reporting of results and variances to management in a clear and concise manner
- Preparation of monthly board reports
- Assist with budgetary planning and forecasting, challenging assumptions and results where necessary
- Continuous review of existing reporting and forecasting models for efficiencies and adapt to meet changing business requirements
- Liaise with internal third parties including external and internal auditors
- Must have right to work in the UK via UK Passport, Irish Passport, EU Status or equivalent
- Full Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Demonstrable experience of managing stakeholders and resources
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage a varied and significant workload, while consistently delivering results.
- Proven experience of using MS Excel and MS Packages.
- Proven experience of generating financial information and translating the data into meaningful information for senior management.