Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L'Oreal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 20 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America.
Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobalAbout the role
The Strategy group at Essence is focused on moving the discipline forward into a new era of insights and business solutions. You'll find all of the usual Strategy responsibilities apply: inspiring and applying audience, market and product insights to our clients objectives; creating robust comms strategies and tactics; and working with our internal teams and partner agencies to present the best and most interesting ideas.
Some of the things we'd like you to do:
A bit about yourself:
- We'd like you to be a trusted resource and partner to our clients, especially their strategy and innovation leads, not afraid to have the tough conversations when necessary, but also willing to adapt to their needs. You should enjoy working at the edge of what is known in our industry and fueled by trying to figure it out. Ideally you're passionate about your career, and can still have a good time if we're stuck at an airport for a few hours.
- We emphasize behaviours. We value emotional intelligence, curiosity, collaboration above all else.
- We are looking for a person that is comfortable doing their own research, as well as pulling out and presenting the key insights and ideas. Some days you will be presenting your ideas to clients, and some days you will be providing others with ideas to present. You will feel supported and support others in return.
- You'll be responsible for the strategic product across multiple brands and will be expected to work with cross-discipline teams.
What you can expect from Essence
- 10+ years of relevant experience (strategy, consulting, research, insight).
- Strong track record leading global marketing strategy for large brands, with proven business impact.
- Experience in client relationship management.
- Prior experience working on a global account and presenting strategies to senior stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of digital media planning. Offline understanding a plus.
- Working knowledge of market and audience research tools
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Google, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn etc and how we can use data from these platforms for insights.
- Vision for where communications strategy and the wider marketing industry is going.
- Compelling presenter and storyteller.
- Highly collaborative and comfortable working in a matrix structure
Essence's mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world's very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today's digital marketing landscape. It's important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.