Note: Please note that the security clearance requirements for this role require the successful candidate to be a British national only. Who we are
Founded in 2014 in London, United Kingdom, Garrison has raised more than $50m to date from London investors including Dawn Capital, IP Group, NM Capital and BGF. Garrison's strengths lie in its experienced and dedicated teams, building on years of expertise in cyber security to bring genuinely game changing technology to the industry.
Garrison is working to build the future of cyber security and is already deploying at scale in both the government and commercial space. Our existing customers are large organisations averaging over fifty thousand employees each, across sectors including banking, insurance, media, telco, law and government.
2021/22 is shaping up to be our busiest and most productive year yet, with increasing demand, steady growth, and plenty of impactful projects taking place! What we do
We make the internet a far safer place for work and play. We develop cybersecurity products that bring together our own electronic hardware, firmware and software to provide an unrivalled combination of security, usability and performance to ensure that risky web content is never processed on the user's endpoint device.Our working culture
We are an exciting start-up with ground-breaking technology; a very serious mission to solve real world problems, but with a positive and highly inclusive atmosphere, and an excellent work/life balance!
At Garrison we celebrate diversity and inclusion, and we're focused on continuously improving equality for the benefit of our employees, products and community. We recruit, develop and retain talent purely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we take every possible step to ensure that every person employed or seeking employment with us receives fair treatment. No-one shall be disadvantaged on the grounds of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, neurodiversity, social background, physical ability, illness or otherwise.
These are the employee benefits that we can offer you at Garrison:
Overview of the Role
- Company pension scheme of 8% base salary (depending on employee minimum contribution)
- Perkbox discounts and freebies - free coffee, free cinema tickets, and lots more
- Flexible working hours and regular working from home
- Regular socials - theatre, company picnic, games night & sports day are all examples
- Personal training budget of up to £1,000 per year, to be allocated as you wish
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Company share options
- Interest-free season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday allowance per year, with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
Working closely with the Sales, Secure Consulting and Customer Success teams, you will serve as a subject matter expert on all technical aspects of Garrison's unique and innovative ultra-secure solutions and their deployment.
The successful candidate will be a sharp, technically literate, commercially astute, and self-starting individual with the ability to articulately consult with both technical and non-technical stakeholders both internally and externally.
You will have a broad and deep knowledge of a variety technologies and concepts whilst also being highly personable, able to present to audiences and speak to people at all levels, all the way up to C-suite. You will be comfortable working in a small team as well as individually, and you'll have the patience for a journey that is changing the world.
Whilst a proven track record of implementing networking/infrastructure solutions (ideally cybersecurity) in large enterprise or government organisations is preferred, backgrounds including IT architecture and/or large-scale implementation projects will also be considered. Key Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Developing a detailed understanding of Garrison's products to articulate Garrison's hardware enforced isolation capability in both highly technical language as well as simple, jargon-free explanation.
- Frequent collaboration with both the technical and sales teams to ensure the development and execution of appropriate account plans.
- Engaging with customer technical teams to help inform their High-Level Design (HLD) documentation.
- Supporting customer technical teams to plan installation and deployment, converting HLDs into implementation plans.
- Engaging with Garrison's engineering team to discuss product improvements and roadmap items from a functional, usability and performance perspective.
- Supporting Proof of Concepts (PoCs) and Evaluations with potential customers as well as supporting new Garrison deployments.
- Providing an escalation point to our Customer Success Engineering team to help them identify a resolution to customers' issues.
You'll be perfect for the role if you have the following:
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and to maintain a diplomatic manner even when being challenged
- A strong understanding of computer networking; in particular:
- Internet technologies such as DNS, NTP, HTTPS, SSL certificates and cloud platforms.
- the supporting OSI stack - TCP/IP, Ethernet, routing and switching.
- enterprise security infrastructure, e.g. proxy and firewall technology, syslog platforms.
- security best practice.
- A consultative approach:
- Ability to listen and hear a client and respond to the questions they ask, as well as pushing your own agenda.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear, consumable fashion.
- Ability to successfully engage at all levels, from 1st/2nd Line support and engineering teams and up to C-Level ideally.
- A proven track record in Enterprise IT/Security with a deep technical knowledge, including security infrastructure design/implementation and networking.
- Demonstratable understanding of key information services e.g. web, email etc.
- An ability to draw on examples of integrating solutions into client infrastructures.
It would be super useful if you have any of the below:
- Experience of delivering enterprise level network solutions.
- Experience of designing secure solutions for business-to-business collaboration and interoperability solutions.
- Graduate-level qualification, ideally in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or similar engineering, technology discipline.
And we are delighted to have team members who show the following qualities:
- Able to collaborate with team members
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, adaptable, enjoy prospecting challenges and delivering results
- Detail-oriented, proactive and pragmatic
- Highly organised with strong time management skills.
- Able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.