Over the past two decades, we have grown from a start-up to a multi-million-pound business. We are one of the UK's leading cloud and secure managed hosting providers - supplying dedicated servers, private and public cloud hosting solutions, and a full range of technical, cybersecurity, and DevOps consulting services. We're moving fast, continuously innovating and having a lot of fun in the process.
We transform our customers' businesses through robust technology, world-class solution engineering, and multi-award-winning customer service.
We design, build and support thousands of technical solutions every year for a full cross-section of the UK economy, from local businesses and charities to fast-growing eCommerce and financial services businesses, global manufacturers and retailers, local and central Government, the NHS and the Ministry of Defence - all seeking new and innovative ways of hosting their IT solutions.
Our business is built entirely around our people and our customers. We invest in our people and work hard to ensure our teams are inspired, motivated and supported. We are customer-obsessive and committed to self-development, hard work and having fun. We believe in everyone bringing their whole self to work as part of our fantastic bunch.
Our in-house training facility is widely accredited. For instance, we are the only managed service provider in the UK to be an accredited AWS training centre.
We care passionately about doing the right thing - for our customers and each other. It's important to us that UKFast is a diverse, inclusive and socially-conscious employer that contributes positively to our communities and environment. For instance, we have been Carbon neutral for many years.What is the point of this role?
We are seeking a Professional Services Project Manager / Scrum Master to lead, coordinate and monitor Professional Services projects from initiation through delivery for complex client engagements.
You will need to build relationships with the customer ensuring technical projects are completed on schedule and to specification.
This role needs to ensure there are always adequate resources available to effectively deliver and meet the project timescales. This role also requires that you work closely with the Customer Success Manager, Tech Support Team Lead, Account Managers and the Sales Team.
A high level of customer interaction is required with projects ranging from straight 3 tier application deliveries to large scale full lifecycle / agile projects. What will I be doing?
Success in this role looks like
- Effectively leads, drives and executes projects using SCRUM methodology in order to achieve outcomes that meet the customer's success criteria.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all Public Cloud Customers during the Project Delivery phase.
- Setup and lead project initiation calls with new customers.
- Liaise with the Customer, Solutions Architects, Sales and Accounts Managers to clarify requirements and user needs.
- Ensure a high-level design is produced by the presales cloud solution architect prior to any project initiation.
- Weekly reporting of the status of each ongoing project (including Project Risks) to the Public Cloud Director and wider Management Teams.
- Organise and attend customer project review meetings (as and when required as part of the engagement).
- Setup and lead hand over calls with the customer, Account Manager and Service Manager.
- Complete engagements and ensure all relevant documents have been produced and/or updated.
- Manage more complex internal Projects when required.
- Provide input and take an active role in the Public Cloud Management Team.
- Develop and establish new processes that benefit Public Cloud Project Delivery activities.
- Apply industry standard Project Management methodologies to all Projects delivered.
- Meet KPI targets set for the Public Cloud Team by the UKFast and the Public Cloud Director.
- Monthly Management Reports.
- Requirements Specification produced for each project and agreed with the customer.
- Ensuring QA Checklists produced for each engagement and remediation carried out.
- Delivery Schedules (for more complex engagements).
- Production of Project Management Plans (for more complex engagements).
- Improved Project Delivery Processes.