Card Factory is the UK's leading specialist retailer of greetings cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland. In 2020 we launched our exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a technology-enabled Omni-channel retailer. This strategy sees significant investment into our IT team with a number of opportunities available to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our IT and digital journey. Our vertically integrated business will provide candidates the opportunity to work across multiple technology disciplines and to provide innovation for the next phase of our growth. If you are passionate about technology and how that can deliver real business value, now is the time to join Card Factory and be part of our exciting journey! Job Purpose:
As a Business Analyst you will have overall responsibility for understanding business change needs; assessing the business impact of those changes; capturing, analysing and documenting requirements using multiple techniques and methodologies; and supporting the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders. Key Responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate:
- Direct analysis and discussions to elicit business requirements that are fit for purpose.
- Use various techniques to elicit requirements including workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Prepare comprehensive business requirements documents that meet the needs of business stakeholders and achieve operational best practice
- Review and evaluate the 'As Is' process and establish necessary changes required to ensure optimal 'To Be' processes are defined, anticipating requirements and identifying areas for improvement.
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimisation strategies.
- Analyse and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Work with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to the project team.
- Identify, assess and manage stakeholders to ensure all views are captured.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements to all relevant stakeholders.
- In-depth understanding of analysis techniques and approaches.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant Business Analysis experience.
This role is very flexible as the tasks are varied. Travel between business sites may be required at times. This role is flexible in terms of location and whilst there is no formal requirement to be office-based, attendance will be required at times as dictated by the needs of the project(s) or the function. The jobholder must maintain confidentiality and respect of personal information at all times due to the nature of the work.