Software Engineer - We are looking to recruit x2 engineers!London, United KingdomOur CompanyHelp build the future of pharmacy
At LloydsDirect (formerly Echo), we're on a mission to simplify pharmacy.
Since starting out in 2015, we've grown from a plucky tech start-up to the fastest growing pharmacy in the UK. Our apps help over half a million people to order, track and get reminders for their NHS prescriptions, all in one place.
In 2019, we joined forces with LloydsPharmacy - one of the biggest names in high street pharmacy. So today, we're an online pharmacy that's local, too. It's been an exciting journey. But really, we're just getting started.
As we prepare to take the next leap forward, we're looking for bright minds to join us - from designers and developers, through to pharmacists, clinicians and patient care advisors.
If you'd like to be a part of our inclusive and diverse teams in Shoreditch and Perivale - where we run one of the busiest pharmacies in England - we'd love to meet you.
We are dedicated to creating opportunities and reducing barriers for everyone, we are committed to ensuring that any forms of discrimination or biases are excluded from our recruitment and selection process, performance management and pay, and that promotion and retention is fairly granted across all our operations. We are committed to seeking 'belonging', here at LloydsDirect. The space where we represent and understand our diversity, promote and encourage our equality and inevitably create a space where we are all free to grow and demonstrate our talents... a place where we ALL belong.About The Role
We're looking for two Software Engineer's to work across our stack, which is a mix of Go (backend) and Typescript (web & mobile).
It's our experience that the best work is achieved by small, focused, cross-functional teams. Our product teams are made up of three engineers, an engineering manager, a product manager, a product designer and a data analyst - with support from user researchers and content designers.
The Core Experience team is responsible for developing and iterating on features and functionality of the repeat prescription patient experience. The work of this team is all about user-facing apps and the services that enable them.
The Operations Technology team develops and refines the tools and processes that power the pharmacy from buying stock to the fulfilment and dispensing of medicines. The tools that OpsTech build are used by hundreds of our colleagues in the Pharmacy.RequirementsWhat we're looking for from you
At LloydsDirect we love curious people. For this role, we're looking for someone who has real-world experience building and shipping software. We believe that engineers can and do learn new languages and technologies, so we don't require any previous experience with our specific tech stack.
While we call our software engineers "full-stack", we recognise that people usually are stronger in one area over another, so if your SQL is better than your CSS that's fine. You might know and love a framework such as React, Vue or Svelte. Or the majority of your time might be spent coding in languages such as Go, Rust, Python or Ruby.You should apply if-
If you worked at LloydsDirect, you would be using the following on a daily basis
- You're excited by the idea of working on a product that helps make people's lives better
- The technology we use sounds interesting to you (or you already know and love it)
- Reading a 1500 page document on the Zebra programming language sounds like a fun afternoon
- You're more into creating a really great product than quibbling about tech stacks or coding styles (we have linters for that)
- You like being able to dip in and out of different parts of the stack wherever you are most needed and are keen to get stuck into and learn about the parts you don't know yet
- Typescript, React and React Native
- gRPC with protobuf
- GraphQL for our public APIs
- Google Cloud / AWS - we actually run in both but primarily use GCP
- Distributed systems
Again - we don't expect you to know all of these!Benefits
LloydsDirect (formerly Echo) is an amazing business to work in with a super exciting and executable vision. Our team members are rewarded well, not only from a salary perspective but also with
- £350 annual physical wellbeing allowance e.g. gym membership, dancing classes
- Enhanced maternity (13 weeks fully paid) and paternity (6 weeks fully paid)
- Pension contribution
- £500 personal learning and development budget
- £500 to help set you up WFH
Plus many more exciting benefits!
Sounds exciting? Apply now!!