Principal Mechanical Design Engineer Warrington £60k
- Are you a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer / Senior Mechanical Design Engineer / Principal Mechanical Design Engineer?
- Do you have full design lifecycle of Mechanical Handling Equipment, Heavy Machinery, Complex Assemblies etc?
- Do you want to work for one of the UK's Engineering Giants in Heavy Mechanical Handling?
If so, then please see below...Principal Mechanical Design Engineer Warrington £60k
Huxley Engineering and UK's Engineering Giants in Mechanical Handling are looking to recruit a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
for their Warrington Office, owing to significant business growth and project pipeline for 2022-23+.
Based in Warrington and reporting into the Head of Engineering, the Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
will be responsible for:
Specifically, the Principal Mechanical Design Engineer will:
- Delivery of design packages of specific elements or the entire scope of projects, dependent on size / complexity of the work scope.
- Managing delivery of technically compliant design deliverables in accordance with the Design Input Requirements within budget and programme constraints.
- Developing a team of Engineers and designers to deliver the appropriate solution from Front End Engineering to Detailed Design production.
- Provide Engineering Support to the stake holders and client throughout the full project lifecycle.
Qualification & Experience Required for Principal Mechanical Design Engineer role:
- Interpretation of Design Inputs into fit for purpose solutions.
- Definition of scope and verification of fit for purpose design deliverables
- Manage delivery in accordance with allocated budgeted cost and timescales
- Day to day management of the engineering team (up to 10 personnel)
- Ensure Designs and products comply with relevant legislation.
- Expected to undertake the Nominated Engineer (per project) company role to set and manage the strategy, direction and ownership of projects, as required.
- Actively works to Develops the capability of the unit and its staff.
- Establishes and manages appropriate supply chain capability.
- Development of value-add strategy and production of technical estimates and tender proposals.
- Engineering Degree Qualified (or Equivalent), relevant to subject knowledge.
- Preferential to be a member of an Engineering Council recognised professional body and hold and Chartered Engineer status
- Prior Senior / Lead / Principal Mechanical Design Engineering Experience leading large scale projects (eg 1yr+ duration, or >£1m)
- Experience of Concept Design through to Manufacturing Documentation Production, Verification via testing and installation design activities.
- Management and control of Engineers and design teams
- PLM/PDM experience for process management and deliverable configuration control.
Specialism in one or more of the following areas:-
- Nuclear Decommissioning
- Mechanical Handling Systems
- Remote Handling Equipment
- Lifting Equipment
- Machinery Design
- Process Plant Design
For the successful Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
, a salary up to £60,000 is on offer and this Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
role is commutable from Warrington, Liverpool, Preston, Manchester, Salford, Crewe, Chester, Runcorn, Bolton, Wigan & St Helens.