Head of Realisation Location:
Hybrid working between working from home and some travel to various BCA UK sites including Birmingham, Corby, Bristol, Farnham and Manchester as and when required.Salary:
Up to £80,000 dependent on experience + car allowance + bonus + benefitsWorking hours:
40 hours per week (Monday - Friday)Job Status:
Working with Enterprise Applications Director, Business teams and C-level stakeholders set the Enterprise Applications success strategy for the group. Define & lead the delivery of excellence in applications readiness & support. Role Accountabilities: Deliver Applications Excellence:
Excellence Strategy Direction:
- To ensure that our enterprise applications are fit for purpose, fully tested and robust.
- To ensure that the business and its customers are ready to adopt the applications.
- To ensure that the users/customers are fully supported post adoption.
Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the excellence Strategy & Roadmaps, in consultation and approval with business owners
Provides consultancy and advisory services to business leaders and the wider business on how excellence can be achieved.
Leading engagement with the business community and users - ensuring we constantly listen to our internal and external customers and drive excellence.
Maintain strong working relationships with all development and technology partners Application Delivery and Support:Support
Lead the day-to-day execution of Enterprise Application delivery and support
Ensure the Enterprise Applications Team have effective support processes which are quality assured and well documented; working closely to align with the Technology Operations Team
Oversee the capture, recording and analysis of operating metrics for Enterprise applications Delivery
Working with the Heads of the enterprise applications teams, ensure the Champions a discovery-led, agile or waterfall, based delivery model for all Finance & HR applications
applications Team have effective delivery processes which are quality assured and well documented; working closely to align with the Technology Operations Team
Coordinating, managing and carefully choreographing rapid and complex change as needed by the business Leadership and People Development:
Providing leadership for all members of the Realisation Team
Ensure Team and individual objectives are aligned to business outcomes
Right size the Application team to support all necessary enterprise applications; ensuring the right skills and experience exist at all levels
Ensure the Application teams have the right tools in place to effectively manage their workload and resources; and provide status reporting to the Portfolio Office
Developing the Realisation Team to the next level of Agile Ways of Working to maximise the efficiency and velocity of delivery
Identify and recognise gaps in processes and continually implement improvements to optimize the delivery and support capabilities of the applications Teams
Develops the next generation of Managers, and successors, who are able to build strategic relationships with business stakeholders and customers
Encourages learning from failures and creates a climate of openness to new ways of working, risk, and uncertainty
Contributes to company-level goals for talent development, retention, diversity, and inclusion Requirements:
Knowledge and Experience:Essential:
- Hands-on leader.
- Fully developed Service Delivery Manager.
- Experience with QA processes in a software development environment.
- Clear balance of both technical and strong leadership skills
- Highly resilient and has lived through an organisation going through transformational change
- Ability to think and develop strategic/long-term proposals and manage day-to-day excellence in application service delivery.
- Ability to challenge, influence and manage multiple stakeholders within technology and business functions
- Ability to effectively communicate, motivate, and inspire cross-functional teams with professionalism and clarity
- Execution focused to effectively drive business, culture, and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
- Being detail oriented and having the ability to conceptualize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects
- Strong commercial acumen; understands the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth and revenue goals
- Wide experience of different cultures and working environments, i.e. UK and Europe
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of personal ownership and unimpeachable business integrity
- A clear ability to translate financial information into meaningful insights
- Adept at hiring and developing top talent and managing cultural change
- Extensive experience, 7+ years, in Service Delivery managing Teams across a diverse portfolio of applications, i.e. ERP(Finance), HR, Expenses etc.
- Involvement in significant implementations
- Management of support of applications across a multi-site, multi-divisional business
- Accreditation in ITIL or similar.
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge of ERP or similar applications
- Extensive experience working directly with senior executives and stakeholders
- Extensive experience working directly with customer and external stakeholders
- Strong experience in project management / delivery
- Demonstrated motivational ability and inspiring leadership
- Experience in C2B/B2B/B2C or similar businesses
- Deep understanding of software development processes and cycles
- Knowledge or experience of Agile/Waterfall development frameworks
- Strong experience with change management processes
- Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence, backed by demonstrable experience working closely with diverse cultures across UK & Europe
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.