The engineering team at Chainalysis is inspired by solving the hardest technical challenges and creating products that build trust in cryptocurrencies. We're a global organization with teams in Denmark, the USA and the UK who thrive on the challenging work we do and doing it with other exceptionally talented teammates. Our industry changes every day and our job is to build a flexible platform that will allow us to adapt to those rapid changes.
The Director of Engineering, Core Services, will lead and grow multiple teams who work on our core application platform, stretching from IAM to a front-end platform, from product analytics to a framework for our external API. They're trusted mentors to managers and engineers across the organization and vital partners for the Director of Product, working with them to develop the strategy for the team and the product. They are as comfortable in front of a whiteboard discussing architecture as they are building and measuring OKRs. They would rather make sure the experts in their teams can make decisions effectively, but they're comfortable with making the big decisions where necessary.
We measure success by the retention and engagement of our engineering team, and ultimately delivery against our product roadmap.In one year you'll know you were successful if you have:
A Background Like This Helps
- Led and empowered a multi-national organization of Engineering Managers and engineers who are effective and love what they do.
- Built out a common application platform that accelerates other teams and brings consistency to the product experience.
- Hired exceptional managers and senior engineers to grow your team(s) with a focus on diversity, scalability, and always raising the bar.
- Built relationships with the Product Management team based on credibility and candor that result in lofty goals, clear objectives, and confidence that you'll meet them.Worked with PMs and your team to set clear objectives and meet them.
- Cultivated strong relationships with colleagues across the company, including the People team, Sales and Customer Success.
- Work with the VP, Engineering to identify and put into place substantial improvements to the way we work across the whole team.
- You can point to scalable organizations you've built who have delivered great products and systems.
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high growth startup.
- Experience hiring managers and senior engineers and working closely with Recruiting Leads as a team.
- Collaborative and a servant leader.
- A software or data engineering background.
- Have an interest in cryptocurrencies or a desire to learn - we can help!
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we're ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women's Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant's Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can't wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.