QA Engineer - Role Description
Based partially home and partially office HQ- London SE1 0BE
The role is to be a software test engineer for Mirriad's video and web application platform developed in C++ and Java being deployed in a geographically multi-cloud infrastructure environment.
The role will involve the design and implementation of testing strategies for supporting a continuous deployment systems including automated and manual testing. Our QA Engineers are also involved in 2nd line support of our platform, responsible for ensuring the production platform is usable on a continuous basis.
The role involves working on the following tasks:
• Work with the product team to devise testing plans and strategies for projects.
• Working with rest of development team to ensure test and deployment is successful
• Producing software test processes and plans for all aspects of the system
• Creation of test data and golden files for the image processing and workflow components
• Liaising with users
Mirriad is seeking a talented individual that can be a team player as well as being able to deep dive into problem solving and bug tracking on their own.
*Please note that this role is currently fully remote with a planned return to the office when it is safe to do so later this year. You will then be required to be partially office based and we will retain a flexible approach to working whilst meeting business requirements*
• Working knowledge of quality assurance methods
• Has been involved in software testing for minimum of 3 years
• Has experience with defect tracking tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla or similar
• Should have knowledge of open source automation tools or commercial tools such as Squish and Selenium
• Experience with BDD testing tools, like Cucumber is an advantage
• Has some hands-on experience with continuous integration servers such as Bamboo, Jenkins or similar
• Can design and document software test plans
• Can demonstrate experience and an interest in digital media applications
• Programming skills and ability to develop and maintain automation scripts, preferably in Python and Java
• Should have used version control systems, Git/Stash preferentially
• Experience with distributed software systems and AWS is a serious advantage
• Knowledge in SQL database queries
• Knowledge to read and understand the logs for root cause analysis
• Knowledge of API-level client/server
• Knowledge of working in Unix/Linux Environments