Zapp is building the future of convenience with a full stack approach to on-demand essential items, 24/7, delivered in minutes. Customer obsession is at the heart of everything we do, and from founders to riders we are relentlessly focused on delighting our customers. We are backed by the world's leading investors and our team has scale-up and exit experience at companies such as Amazon, Jumia, Deliveroo, Tesco, Stuart and Just Eat. If you're ready to help build the world's most customer-focused company, get in touch.
We are looking for a cloud expert to fill the role of Cloud Operations Engineer. You will manage our cloud operations and ensure proper functioning and integrations across the board.
You will work within the IT team and closely with stakeholders to integrate and build solutions using modern techniques with a central focus on SaaS solutions. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun and exciting company and help shape the business from within.Responsibilities
- Assist in designing, integrating and scaling our cloud operations to support the business daily operations.
- Build, deploy and maintain innovative solutions using Google Cloud Platform and other Cloud Solutions.
- Configure and maintain process automation and integrations with SaaS solutions.
- Provide 3rd Level support.
- Accountable for the cloud operations daily performance.
- Monitor health and security of deployed solutions ensuring these are available and adhere to recognised standards.
- Establish roadmaps and design strategy for deployments.
- Provide mentoring to technical teams and stakeholders for best practices of cloud solutions.
- Implement and maintain a Knowledge Base related to your area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in information science, computer science, business; or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong analytical skills and cloud solutions understanding.
- Working experience as a Cloud Operations Engineer.
- Being very Hands-on approach to daily challenges.
- Experience in integrating systems through API and webhooks.
- Capability to write small programs/scripts to solve both short-term systems problems.
- Sound knowledge of GCP, AWS, Azure and other cloud infrastructure platforms.
- Working experience within ITIL and Agile environments.
- ITIL, Agile, Scrum,CCNA/CCNP and other certifications are a plus.
- Ability to communicate efficiently in English, other languages are a plus.
- Travel to business locations occasionally.
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Enjoy 25 days holiday per year (plus all bank holidays)
- Spend your monthly wellbeing allowance on things that really matter to you - via our Juno benefits programme. This can be anything from veggie boxes, to indoor plants, tax advice and much more
- Private Health Insurance
- Extended sick pay and maternity / paternity leave pay
- We will contribute 3% to your pension
- Make use of our home office allowance for office supplies
- Benefit from our monthly Zapp order allowance
- Be part of a fast-growing company and a super motivated team
At Zapp we embrace diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment. We firmly believe that a variety of backgrounds & perspectives make our team stronger and brings our product closer to the customer.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.