Credit Kudos is a fintech challenger credit bureau that uses financial behaviour data to measure creditworthiness. Our machine-learning powered technology transforms the way credit checking and scores work by using Open Banking to generate a more accurate and holistic view of a borrower's creditworthiness. We've raised over £7.5 million from leading institutional investors and power 75+ lenders in the UK and EU to make better, fairer credit decisions.
Our company is growing and we're searching for the next generation of experienced engineers to both help shape and nurture our engineering culture as we grow and deliver high-quality products for the benefit of all those in need of credit.
You'll be a part of a small team contributing to a big vision, embedded in a product squad you'll be working with your team and product manager to deliver real impact with each sprint. We focus on outcomes not output and you'll have real say in how and what gets built. Although that might sound daunting you'll get a ton of support from your Chapter Lead, Head of Engineering and the rest of your team. We're trying to drive change in the credit industry so there are plenty of challenges to be faced but we face them together.
No-one specialises too much here - we wear many hats week-to-week. We expect engineers to be able to contribute right across our stack focusing on the problems rather than the features. Not only that we don't like to pigeon hole people and we offer lots of room for growth and progression within the department, Senior Software Engineer isn't the ceiling. We're looking for people who want to learn and grow as much as lead and coach; if that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.Our technology
We work with a host of great technologies. We like to use the right tools for the job and so don't limit ourselves to a particular stack or set of languages. We have a collaborative environment and we'll be looking to you to contribute and help drive the direction. Don't be put off if you've haven't used any of the below, we look for great engineers who can apply themselves.
- Golang and Ruby on Rails for our core applications and APIs
- Python for our data processing + science
- TypeScript with React and Redux for most of our front-end flows
- Protocol Buffers and gRPC for our backend micro services
- Brand new Open Banking APIs for collecting financial data
- Postgres for our data storage
- Docker for running everything reliably
- AWS for all our infrastructure (managed as code via Terraform)
While we don't expect software engineers joining us to hit the ground running we typically do expect engineers to be able to exhibit some of the following attributes and to grow into many of them over time.
What We Value
- Consistently write and deliver clean, high-quality code with little guidance.
- Become self-sufficient and make steady progress on tasks.
- Know when to ask for help when stuck on a problem.
- Follow established engineering process and embodies the values of the company.
- Can own a small-to-medium sized feature from scoping to production in a couple of codebases or programming language environments.
- Always look to improve; seeking feedback from the team around them.
- Happy to support wider team members with problems.
- Motivation, enthusiasm and passion for our mission to take on the big credit bureaus
- Expansive thinking, transparency, honesty and a good sense of humour
- Results and efficiency rather than hours in the office
- You are excited by the work we're doing and would like to be engaged in meaningful work.
- You are comfortable bottoming out problems in open discussion.
- You are interested in building a data-oriented company.
- You love writing elegant and well-tested software.
- You have experience building distributed systems.
- A ton of support, but an opportunity to run your own schedule and role.
- The opportunity to develop your role and responsibilities as the company grows.
- Have a real impact on credit scoring changing the industry for the better.
- A Competitive salary with stock options.
- A Workplace pension.
- Flexible working arrangements with 2-3 days in office.
- MacBook Pro and equipment.
- Generous leave, a total of 36 days (inc Bank Holidays)
- A dog-friendly office.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Access to our plush office space at WeWork with bike shed, barista, etc.
- See full list of benefits - plus a bit more about working for us - here