You don't need to go to university to kickstart your career!
By choosing Primary Goal as your training provider not only will you be learning whilst you're earning you will also be keeping up to date with the latest technology.
We are recruiting on behalf of Eduthing where you will gain valuable experience as a Level 3 Information Communications Apprentice. We pride ourselves on the support we give our apprentices, you won't be left on your own to figure things out, we will support you throughout your apprenticeship journey together with your employer!About the Employer:
Working solely within the education sector, Eduthing has gained a unique insight into schools. They understand that schools come in all shapes and sizes and that their support needs to be completely flexible to accommodate the diverse range within the UK.
Eduthing are a forward thinking, proactive and flexible company, that prides itself on providing the highest level of customer satisfaction. Supporting schools, academies and multi academy trusts in the primary, secondary and independent sector. They are confident that their services can transform IT schools, and their growing reputation and customer base are testament to this.About the Opportunity:
Do you want to use your passion for technology in a business environment to support service users with technical IT related issues, integrating digital technologies and developing digital solutions? Eduthing have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring IT professional to join a growing company to work in IT within education.The role will be based within a Secondary School in Camberley.What you will be doing:
The apprentice will be based full-time on-site, responsible for the lower level IT issues that arise, supported by Primary Goal and the other Eduthing staff working within the school.
You will be providing first line support, working with a range of systems and users with varying skills.
The varied nature of this role requires an intelligent and enthusiastic person who has the ability to think outside the box to solve issues independently, but who can also work effectively with their wider IT and school teams. A friendly and professional manner is vital as this is a customer focused role, based in schools.The training you'll be provided with:
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- Level 3 Information Communications apprenticeship standard
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- Curriculum knowledge base (lesson plans, resources etc)
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical, curriculum and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.We are looking for someone who:
- Has a true passion for technology
- Feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has experience working with children / young people is desirable!
- Has a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Loves helping others and enjoys working with people of all ages
- Is committed to complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Has the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- Has a true passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
36 hours per week, normally 8am-4pm but flexible depending on the candidate and the school's needs.Hourly rate:
£10,000 - £12,000 for the first 12 months. The remaining 6 months of the apprenticeship will be paid at the National Minimum Wage according to your age.Desired Qualifications:
We require someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and Maths grade 4 (or above), or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.Expected Duration:
22 monthsWhere a Primary Goal apprenticeship can take you:
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your career in IT. With a Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain the knowledge to be able to move into a technical or curriculum-focused role. The opportunities are immense! We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme. Disability Confident: Primary Goal is committed to being a Disability Confident Training Provider, and as such will make reasonable adjustments required for interview. Please discuss any requirements which you may have with the Recruitment Team.
PLEASE NOTE that we will require a copy of your personal CV.
When completing your CV, please consider the job description and the role you are applying for.
Powered by JazzHR