We are looking for an experienced IT Manager
to take control of the day to day running of the IT department. You will be working alongside a range of other IT specialists and commercial staff.
The role will include managing team leaders in both Frontend and Development and ensuring the smooth running of the Support department.
You will have a hands-on approach to leading. Reporting to and working closely with the IT Director you will also be involved in prioritising and running development projects. You will play a major role in shaping the future direction of the businesses IT, ensuring it remains at the forefront of the fast-paced industry.Key responsibilities (but not limited to)
- The post will have a close working relationship with the IT Director and will be expected to help with a strategic overview.
- The businesses Frontend Team is growing quickly - the Frontend Manager will report directly to this role and will be looking for guidance on project priorities and integration with backend technology.
- Our client is a growing talented backend team specialising in high end python development. You will help with the development of this team and directly manage the head of this department.
- You will also work closely with the R&D Team, helping to productise and integrate solutions.
- You will oversee the running of the 24-7 Support Team and be responsible for this team meeting key performance targets and providing the necessary technical support.
- Work closely with the Infrastructure Manager, gaining expert knowledge of our network setup.
- Take ownership of existing core products, expand their functionality and fix issues
- Perform code reviews, provide feedback, and suggest improvements.
- Help design, develop, implement, and coordinate systems, IT procedures and policies.
- Responsibility for maintaining adherence to IT Policy and procedures, including periodic IT Audits.
- Be prepared to manage key projects and help your various teams meet project deadlines.
For more information, please apply asap Gigabit Group Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Gigabit Group Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
- Degree level or similar in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Strong experience in both IT operations and IT department management.
- Excellent database design skills.
- Experience coordinating installations, maintenance and upgrades.
- Experience in web application design, debugging and testing.
- Knowledge of architecture processes and operating system reports.
- Expert at understanding and directing code development.
- Be able to assess and recruit top candidates, train new IT staff, supervise and motivate team members.
- Office Location: Buckinghamshire (potential of some remote working)