International hotelier Grace Leo and her business partner Tim Hartnoll have recently acquired The Relais Henley (formerly the Red Lion Hotel) and The Cooden Beach Hotel, Bexhill-on-Sea.
With the most recent purchase of The Cooden Beach Hotel in April of this year, Grace is expanding the collection of curated bespoke hotels in unique waterside locations.
The Relais Henley, opened in July this year to welcome the Royal Regatta, in the quintessential English town of Henley-on-Thames having undergone a stylish renovation. Likewise, the Cooden Beach Hotel is set to undergo a full renovation, beginning later this year, and re-launching as a full-service beach resort, The Relais Cooden Beach in Spring 2022.
The Relais Retreats is redefining a lifestyle for discerning travellers, through a new brand of English waterside escapes infused with a worldly point of view and located within two hours of London. We are there for our guests, like the familiar home of a cherished friend, offering hospitality, entertainment and nourishment for body and soul.
Places to unwind, relax and indulge your senses. Telling the stories of our locations, elevating nostalgic Englishness with a well-travelled mindset. Our waterside retreats will redefine the easy restorative escape, setting the scene for new traditions and stories yet to be told.
About the Role
The Marketing Manager is responsible for:
• Designing, managing, and driving the annual marketing plan in accordance with the overarching marketing strategy for Relais Retreats as well as the hotels' business plans, to ensure that objectives and key KPI's are met.
• The creation and management of all content using the designated Content Management System (copy, imagery, video) and ensuring the optimization and accuracy of hotel and company content across all online sites and search engines.
• Managing the performance of all brand websites to ensure load times, bounce rates and conversion rates are consistently performing at a high level to ensure direct brand websites are the quickest and easiest way for the customer to find the best price and make a booking.
• Effective management of the customer databases, delivering an effective CRM strategy and operation thereof to drive customer retention and lifetime value.
• The creative use of online social media channels to create brand awareness, generate demand and drive traffic to brand website.
• The efficacy of Search Engine Optimisation and Paid Search advertising by measuring and driving the performance of the digital marketing agency, ensuring KPI's are consistently achieved (cost per acquisition, average ranking, conversion rates etc.)
• Driving the online reputation of the hotels and supporting hotel managers to respond to customer reviews and online complaints effectively and professionally.
• Managing all relationships with and providing support to all appointed agencies including the PR and digital marketing agencies.
• Managing and driving the design and production process for all marketing collateral across both hotels.
• Presenting the marketing plan update at each monthly marketing meeting - proactively suggesting new activity in reaction to business conditions within the hotels and marketplace with effective and fluid communication to all stakeholders.
• Being an ambassador of Relais Retreats in the travel & hospitality industry and local community.
The Marketing Manager will be very comfortable writing copy for newsletters, strategic papers, reports, and marketing campaigns. You will understand how to construct a clear digital voice for the hotels.
Understand what makes a good design: colour, composition, messaging, and brand identity.
Capable of editing copy and images in the Content Management System and resizing images to ensure maximum impact across different online channels.
Minimum 2 years of experience in managing a business social media account (Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn.)
Digital Marketing & SEO
Experience and deep understanding in setting up targeted paid social media advertising, paid search engine advertising, hotel & travel meta search site advertising as well as remarketing across the various channels
and the desired results.
Confident setting up tools such as Google My Business and Bing listings.
Able to interpret web analytics and implement learnings and drive ongoing results.
CRM & Email Marketing
Understanding of current GDPR legislation and customer database management.
Able to populate mail templates and craft campaigns in hotel CRM software.
Experience and understanding of what makes a good image: quality, composition, implied messaging.
Experience in planning and directing on property photoshoots; shot list, timing, light requirements, brand photo guidance, image rights, how to build a balanced property and lifestyle image library for future use.
Experience & Skills Required
• Prior hotel experience in a similar role
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills, analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
• Prior experience of ROI and KPI measuring and reporting
• Proven track record developing online and offline marketing campaigns.
• Creative and innovative ideation to add value to our hotels and the business.
• Prior experience in developing marketing campaigns by evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for driving revenues
• Fluent in English, both verbal and written with additional languages preferred
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects effectively
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.