SEO Specialist - Part time role 24hrs/weekSalary based on experience £24,000 - £25,000To be considered for this role, you must send a CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com with the subject line 'SEO Specialist Vacancy Application'.
In the covering letter, please explain how your education, skills and experience make you a good fit for the role. Be sure to reference examples of how you meet the points in the person specification. All interviews will be conducted via video conferencing. Applications close 13th September 2021.About Roots
Roots Plants is an online garden centre started by Alex and Ian, two long-time plant buyers. We want to create a connection between the great growers of the UK and it's garden-loving citizens, bringing the earthy experience of a plant nursery to our customer's online experience. We're a disruptive eCommerce company, based within the extremely fast-growing plants/gardening sector of online retail.The role
We're looking for someone to own all aspects of SEO for Roots Plants, including developing and implementing a full SEO technical plan. The ideal candidate will be action-orientated and have extensive digital experience within an eCommerce business.Job responsibilities
Person Specification: Key Skills and ExperienceRequirements:
- Set and execute the SEO technical roadmap
- Own key SEO technical performance indicators such as crawling performance, indexing performance and product categorisation against the KPI benchmarks
- Design technical solutions that drive SEO performance
- Take the lead on technical audits and crawl analysis
- Define technical SEO requirements for web production teams and consult with colleagues on upcoming projects to avoid any negative impact or missed opportunities
Nice to have:
- 5+ years' experience in a digital role with strong involvement in SEO/website
- Strong SEO knowledge - understanding of search engine algorithms, sitemaps and keyword ranking.
- Ability to troubleshoot website performance issues, crawling and index errors.
- Experience of using of web analytics and tracking tools - GA, GTM, Google search console
- You're confident using the most SEO tools: webmaster consoles and backlink discovery tools e.g. MOZ, Screaming Frog, etc.
- Proficiency in managing robots.txt files, canonical tags, pagination and redirects
- Detailed understanding of keyword research tools to advise content team and improve landing page rankings
- Experience optimising load speed, taking into account Google Core Web Vitals update
- Conceptual knowledge of CRO and UX principles and practices
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Liquid
- Experience managing link building and outreach efforts
- Ability to write effective SEO content
- Knowledge of Google Tag Manager - enhanced eCommerce tracking and integrations
- B2C eCommerce site experience
The role will be based remotely, with occasional travel potentially required for meetings in London. For this reason, we are accepting candidates based in England only. Benefits include a competitive salary, flexible hours, budget for skills development and a generous plant allowance for your garden!