Who we are
Our mission is to become the global standard for addressing. Street addresses weren't designed for 2021. They aren't accurate enough to specify building entrances, and they don't exist for parks, rural areas and many parts of the world. This makes it hard to find places and causes problems and inefficiencies on a global scale.
That's why we created what3words. We divided the world into 3m squares and gave each square a unique combination of three words. It's the easiest way to find and share precise locations.
Over the last year, what3words has been used in 193 countries, and our monthly active users continue to grow at an impressive pace. Our tech is used by emergency services, delivery companies, eCommerce businesses, ride-hailing apps and NGOs, and is integrated into the navigation systems of millions of cars around the world.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Senior Designer with good UX experience to hit the ground running and join the Product and Marketing teams on a 9 month contract to cover maternity leave. You will support the Product and Marketing teams creating designs for web pages, app store listings, newsletters, and product marketing material for our local and international markets.
You will have a strong portfolio of digital and product design, and are ideally familiar with the tech-start up environment. You will be confident and experienced in suggesting new ideas, and are comfortable challenging our current way of thinking. Our target audience is international and incredibly diverse - you'll be someone that relishes the challenge of finding new ways to explain what3words to this ever expanding audience.
You will be working alongside the Product Design and Marketing Design studio teams who you'll collaborate with, and review each other's work. Tasks will be assigned to you by the Product and Marketing managers.Requirements
- A great portfolio of work that shows your broad experience of working in different areas of digital design and marketing communications
- A strong understanding of UX design principles
- Proficient in using primarily Figma, plus Photoshop and Illustrator
- You are proactive, and are able to work self-autonomously.
- You manage your time well, and are happy handling requests from multiple stakeholders.
- Proficient spoken and written English
- 6+ years of design experience
- Animation experience using After Effects and Lottie is also desirable
The role is based in our London HQ (at Great Western Studios - ///filled.count.soap). While you can work from the office five days a week if preferred, our teams can choose to work up to three days a week from home.