About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our growing energetic team as a Senior Accountant.
You will be responsible for running the finance department to ensure the business is operating smoothly and efficiently maintaining great communication with other departments, while improving company procedures and day-to-day operations.
We are looking for somebody who can grow besides the business, an accomplished standalone accountant who has a passion to help others while working in a high paced and dynamic environment. Someone who is driven, continually looking to improve and is not afraid to challenge the norms and ask why we do things and how we can do things better.
This position is available immediately, initially offered on a 6-month probation period. About La Marzocco UK
La Marzocco, founded in 1927 by the Bambi brothers, has traditionally specialised in manufacturing and distributing high-end crafted coffee machines. La Marzocco is leader in the specialty coffee sector, and it is a global group with branch offices worldwide, and headquarters in Florence, Italy.
La Marzocco UK operates within the UK and Irish markets. We are a small and dynamic team. We pride ourselves for the commitment to support our partners in the coffee industry and hospitality sector, as well as to sustain charities in our community with their ongoing projects. You will be involved in all aspects of the business, and we are committed to your career development and support. Job Purpose
Responsibilities and Duties
- Production of the monthly management accounts in a timely manner incorporating key performance metrics for internal and external stakeholders
- To manage the Finance Assistant to ensure the production of good quality and robust financial information and ensuring all controls are working correctly
- Analysis of accounts compared to budget and prior periods
- Help in the production of budgets, forecasts and statutory accounts
- Develop relationships and assist with financial matters across the business
- Prepare month end management accounts including profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow statement and understanding variances to Budget / Forecast in accordance with deadlines, financial processes and reporting guidelines.
- Management of small team
- Management of VAT and production of the quarterly VAT returns.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Preparation of audit files and liaison with external auditors for annual statutory accounts.
- Prepare Intercompany reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Annual budget and budget review preparation
- Maintaining the accuracy and integrity of financial systems and supporting future system developments.
- Monitor compliance with financial controls and seek to improve them.
- Management of the inventory and its related implications
- Management of supplier payments and credit control department
- Involvement in company projects
This role is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking a varied and challenging position. We are looking for an applicant who is energised, trustworthy, and hard-working, with excellent communication and team working skills. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude with a courteous and helpful approach. Overall, we are looking for someone who has/is:
- Pro-active, problem-solver, highly organised, flexible, and personable
- Accuracy and great attention to details is essential
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to plan, multi-task, prioritise workload
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, Outlook), databases and internet usage
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA)
- SAP knowledge
- IFRS and UK GAAP knowledge
- "Can do attitude" and driven
- Proven experience in a similar role (at least 2-3 years) in a manufacturing industry or from a big four audit company
Gross salary pa: depending on experience.
Location: London, occasional travel.
Terms: full time, initially offered on a 6-month probation period.
Benefits: 25 days' holiday, employer's pension contribution of up to 4% of salary, cycle to work scheme.
La Marzocco is committed to best practice in Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities.