Five - "Driving Autonomy"
Five is a European leader in the field of automated driving systems. Our vision is a world where safe, green and accessible autonomous transportation advances the world in which we live!
We're creating a platform for autonomous vehicle development and safety assurance. Our platform will empower the industry to build automated driving systems that are safer, smarter, faster and at scale through applying insights we've learned from solving some of the most challenging problems in this space.
We're engineers, scientists, developers, and designers. We're problem-solvers, dreamers, pioneers, innovators, creatives and pragmatists. We're new hands and accomplished pros. We're hard-working people, solving far-reaching challenges.About the Team
Our Frontend team develops tools that help customers launch, run and monitor their autonomous driving stack, working closely with many different teams across the company from infrastructure, integration, computer vision and machine learning to deliver features and improve performance. The team distil complex product requirements into deliverable features, architecting an app that will be efficient and intuitive.What you will do
Our UI is complex and rapidly evolving. You will help us build out a solid foundation, implement best practices across the company, including testing strategies to refine and expand it in a well-considered way. You will work closely with our engineers, designers, product owners and customers to determine the best ways to harness our platform to deliver a product that feels great to use. Writing and reviewing code in Typescript, with React, Redux among others.About You
- You will have experience of building complex UIs from start to finish, using React.
- You are comfortable refactoring a legacy code base, swapping out technologies and introducing effective testing strategies as you go.
- You'll be happy to recommend and openly discuss technical choices. You have likely experimented with the latest stable tools.
- You are comfortable having had experience communicating with REST APIs.
- Experience with any of the following is a bonus: Docker, Redux, Webpack, MaterialUI.
- You have an innate passion about testing and making continuous improvements.
- Full-stack experience, designing APIs and their interaction with databases would also be beneficial. As would experience with end-to-end testing frameworks.
You will be joining a European leader in the autonomous driving system market where you can have a real impact in a smart, low-ego multi-cultural team. We're secure and growing, having raised $61m to date. We provide an environment where you can develop your skills and deliver meaningful work that matters, whilst working closely with Five's founding team who have previously built and run successful tech companies through to exit. You'll be rewarded with a competitive salary and financial package, pension, private medical care and share option schemes.
Five is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all. Help us to build the future of safer autonomy!