Marks Sattin is representing a start-up, climate change and renewables focused private equity investment firm. They are looking to hire an experienced, closed-ended fund finance professional to sit as a senior fund controller; their first hire in finance.
The firm in question is a new joint venture between two established and highly respected companies in the climate change space. It is a purpose-built investor; ready to build out a number of funds with the aim of enhancing nature in the long term, tackle climate change and deliver strong returns to investors. Specific investment themes will include, but not be limited to, sustainable agriculture, coastal restoration and carbon offsetting.
The role itself plays an integral role in company operations with a core focus of building out the fund platform. The responsibilities are broad and will specifically include:
- Manage and co-ordinate all fund life cycle and investor events (closings, drawdowns, equalisations, distributions, structured secondaries, liquidations)
- Supervise financing arrangements and cash-flows between funds, HoldCos and OpCos.
- Supervise cash planning and liquidity management working with the investment teams, e.g., borrowing, margining/P&L on hedging instruments.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the outsourced hedging process and provider and the line of credit facility and provider.
- Co-ordinate with the company secretary on the organisation of GP, HoldCo and OpCo boards. Manage the interaction and involvement of Board directors and attend Board meetings.
- Lead the resolution of all open matters for Boards.
- Responsible for the product related data and information on in-house systems.
- Oversee the annual financial statement production and manage the audit process.
- Oversee the process and review the output on all investor reporting produced by service providers (quarterly, semi-annual and annual).
- Oversee the process and review the output all regulatory reporting by service providers (AIFMD, Solvency II and other regulations).
- Manage ad-hoc reporting and investor requests.
- Assist the investment team with management of the annual valuation process.
- Manage the quarterly and annual NAV calculations, NAV review and sign-off.
- Attend the internal Valuation Committee.
- Provision of transaction assistance for fund/HoldCo Boards.
- Book and maintain transactions in CAM's portfolio management system.
- Project manage the establishment of OpCos working with tax / legal teams.
- Establish OpCo operating model with providers - tax agent, admin, accounting, audit, co sec board.
- Work with the investment team, investor relations, and other internal stakeholders and external counterparties.
This is the perfect role for an individual who is passionate about climate change and wants to help build out a new fund. The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with at least 5 years PQE in closed-ended fund accounting (private equity, private debt, real estate, etc.).
Remuneration will be in the region of £80,000 - £100,000; depending on experience.