Our client is one of the fastest-growing property technology companies in the UK, with offices in Germany and Turkey. Their mission is to improve lives by making housing and property work better for everyone.
They empower landlords and property managers with a platform to manage their properties. They utilise great local trade talent to create more jobs, build community cohesion and provide better services than ever before.
- Since their humble beginnings in 2013, they've achieved a lot in the business:
- They've grown fast. They work with many of the biggest property providers in the UK.
- Dramatically improved outcomes for housing providers, speeding up service delivery fivefold and creating economic opportunities within their local communities.
- Set a new industry benchmark on responsive repairs by reducing typical time frames (20 days) to less than 4 days.
- Recognised as 'Deal of the Year - Residential' at the UK PropTech Awards 2018,
- Recognised as 'Professional Services Partner' at the UK Housing Awards 2019 and;
- Repairs and Maintenance Provider of the Year at the 24Housing Awards 2019.
- Entered partnerships with social enterprises such as Beam , with whom they help co-fund training for homeless people into trades jobs, and thus rebuild their lives.
2019 has been an exciting year for them - they've been celebrated as leaders of transformative change - not just in their sector - but across business in the UK (UKBA Business Change/ Transformation winner). Following major funding round, their also expanding into the wider professional/commercial real estate sector in Europe - with plans to launch into the US multi-family market next year.
They're a technology-led business. They're proud to develop cutting-edge solutions for their customers - and that's only possible to do with a great team. Their culture is open. Empowering. Fast-paced. If you're tenacious, passionate, and driven, you'll fit right in.Requirements
They're looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer to perform effective risk management and plan the organization's financial strategy. The CFO must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations, including late-stage VC fundraising and presenting to the Board. This will be a highly important and complex role leading and overseeing the financial department and strategies on a global level. What you'll be doing
Skills and experience they'd love
- Driving the company's financial planning
- Performing risk management by analyzing the organization's liabilities and investments
- Deciding on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- On the organisation's fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organisation's operations
- Supervise all finance personnel (controllers, treasurers, etc.)
- Manage vendor relationships
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Set up and oversee the company's finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and company's policies
- Providing leadership, direction, and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Proven experience as CFO, finance officer, or relevant role
- In-depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Experience in VC fundraising
- Board presentation
- CPA is a strong advantage
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- As you can see, they have big plans and are eager to grow their team of dreamers and doers to achieve their vision of managing over 1 million properties through their platform across various countries. You can help us shape the future of property management. Here's what they offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Private health care including discounted gym membership
- Learning and development fund
- A flexible working environment + 23 days annual holiday
- A head office in London Bridge (less than 2 mins from Borough Market)
- An inherently diverse culture with over 11 nationalities and 21 languages spoken
- Food for thought: bottomless breakfast bar and drinks