** This position is available as a fully remote role, from anywhere in the UK ** Mid Backend Engineer (Automation)
We're looking for a Backend Engineer who wants to build an amazing and scalable platform. You'll be working in a small, agile team focused on architecting and building our platform for both scale and experimentation. Candidates with a QA/dev in test background will be at an advantage.About WonderBill
WonderBill is changing how people manage their home life, do their budgeting, and manage their bills by putting it all in one place.
We link directly to over a hundred household utilities and service providers.
Once you link we'll let you know what bills are due and when, so that you don't have any surprises. We'll also store all your documents in one place, like your statements and insurance details. We'll even tell you when your contracts are coming up for renewal and show you better deals to help you save.
We have big plans for 2021 and need talented engineers to help us deliver on our ambitious roadmap and take the lead in a market that has yet to be addressed. We have offices in London and Manchester but we're just as happy with remote working. We're 40+ strong today and have plans to grow our product, design, data and engineering team.
We're a customer-focused bunch with tonnes of ideas to help you manage your day to day home life. We're looking for big thinkers and big doers to help build our new products.
If you're looking for ways to get creative in your next challenge then look no further, we're built on our great ideas, teams and customers.
We are backed by Shell's New Energies division - home to numerous startups and bigger businesses including household utilities, renewable energy and electric vehicle chargingTech at WonderBill
We believe in picking the right tools for the job so our stack includes (but is not limited to): TypeScript, Node, AWS, Serverless framework, Docker & Kubernetes, Postgres, Terraform.
We also believe that automated-testing, pair-programming and peer-reviewed code are the bare minimum required to deliver good software and are always looking for ways to improve how we build software.About You
You like building things (and fixing things that aren't quite right)
You know how to code, but that doesn't mean that's all you know - you're product-passionate and used to working in a product-driven environment.
You're brave. You thrive in an environment that encourages taking calculated risks, owning the times you've lost and celebrating the times you've won.
You're willing to learn. We don't just hire people who 'know it all already' we hire team players who will admit they don't know and commit to learning. Essential experience
- 3+ years experience writing software in a team, whilst:
- Delivering large well-defined tasks and solving small scope not-well-defined problems
- Breaking down large problems into smaller deliverables
- Building software as part of a highly functional product team
- Experience building resilient data ingestion or automation platforms (e.g. scraping and/or API integrations)
- Practical experience writing high quality tests (unit/integration/e2e)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and experience working closely with product teams
- Experience of working in an objective-driven environment
- Hands-on experience with browser automation tools such as Puppeteer, Cypress or Selenium.
What we offer
- Experience of AWS services (Lambda, ECS, SQS, EventBridge, DynamoDB, etc)
- Experience with frontend and mobile technologies such as React and React Native, Redux and GraphQL
- Experience building a SaaS product within a startup environment
- Familiar with complex asynchronous messaging flows and application of such flows within distributed systems
- 38 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) and the ability to buy (or sell) up to 5 days per year
- Flexible working to support you, your life, and those around you, up to and including fully remote within the UK
- Personalised training budgets for each team member
- Career progression opportunities with a dynamic and ever-growing team
- Enhanced parental and sick leave
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning to level up your skills
- Access to Perkbox and a bunch to other great benefits with the Platinum
- membership, no less!
- Monthly celebrations - once a month we drop everything to celebrate our
- amazing teams
- More Swag than you can shake a stick at!