Quality EngineerPermanent Irlam, Manchester
Brooks Life Sciences is the leading worldwide provider of robotic compound management and biological sample storage systems.
Brooks are now looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join the team in Irlam on a permanent basis.
You will be an experienced Quality engineer, used to working in a fast paced environment. Hold excellent problem solving skills and have working knowledge of 5Whys and Fishbone Diagram.Your Rewards
You will be remunerated competitively depending on your experience and skills.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- 24 working days paid holiday in each holiday year, plus 8 public holidays
- Company Pension contribution
- Global Bonus Scheme (VCP)
- Bupa Healthcare plan
- Share purchase options
Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to. Responsible for responding to quality issues raised in the Quality Management System and for speedily resolving them to ensure zero impact to the customer. Support new product introductions to ensure the robustness of product builds. Work in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasis defect prevention. Work mostly independently with minimal supervision and work is reviewed at team meetings, milestones and/or on completion by Quality Manager.General and Task Management
· Manage all quality-related issues within raised from the field, the installation team, Service Team and Customers.
· Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues.
· Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards
· Monitor and update Quality Dashboard and key performance indicators including Defects Per Units monitoring.
· Assist with training of Quality Awareness
· Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as 8D Problem Solving Methodology, Measurement System Analysis.
· Lead and Participate in cross-functional teams in the push for Corrective Actions to solve customer faced problems whilst guiding teams to perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
Independently determine approach and assigned tasksSkills required:
·Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, or ONC, A Levels, BTec Diploma Level 4 or equivalent NVQ level 4 qualification
·Lead Problem-solving teams, (Experience Level of 8D Methodology)
·Working knowledge of 5Whys and Fishbone Diagram.
·Excel, Pivot Tables, Charts