Company Accountant: The role involves taking full responsibility for all aspects of the company's financial accounts and ensuring that they reflect the company's operating practices.
All financial operations, including the maintenance of full Company accounts, are carried out internally. The only requirement for external activity is the sign-off of company accounts by certified auditors.
In addition to all standard activities that would be expected in relation to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, and month/year end processes, the role will also include:
• Control and Administration of the Sage accounting system
• Main point of contact with the auditors
• Submission of all statutory returns
• Employee Share Option Scheme
• Employee Ownership Trust and LLP
• Freehold/Leasehold property Asset Management
• Investment of cash assets
• Purchase and Sale of Company shares
• R & D Tax credits
• Assistance with Management forecasts
• Production of information for Senior Management and Board meetings
Whilst the Company seeks a candidate who can use existing systems and follow existing business processes, the ethos of the Company encourages individuals to suggest improvements to operations where these are to the benefit of the Company.
Company employees are HQ based (Luton area) Monday-Thursday and all work from home on Fridays.
HQ location dictates that applicants must have their own transport.