HMRC is looking for an IT Transition Manager - Contract - Bristol, Worthing, Manchester, Edinburgh
This is a REMOTE 6 month initial contract
We need someone to start ASAP. This role is fully remote. The office base is one of Bristol, Worthing, Manchester or Edinburgh
if you were commutable to that office it would help in the future but not essential.
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration and runs the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers.
We are undergoing a major transformation programme, which includes a major investment in digitisation. This means customers can do more for themselves online, in real time, on computers, tablets and smartphones therefore we are establishing a team of outstanding people who will build and run these new and improved technology services.Responsibilities
- Develop a High Level Support model
- Review service design outputs as required and ensure any changes to non-functional requirements for service support are being managed appropriately
- Successfully perform Risk Assessments, where appropriate.
- Ensure risks to the Live Service are identified, recorded, managed, mitigated and communicated to key stakeholders
- Ensure Service Acceptance and Service Readiness criteria are defined, tracked, reviewed, communicated and approved by the customer group before the LID
- Ensure completion / updates of the Live Service Manual, Operational Processes and any knowledge transfer artefacts
- Liaise with appropriate stakeholders to define and document the IT Support Model
- Assure any appropriate 3rd Party agreements and/or Support Contracts, are in place and contact maps and relationship established
- Assure required ITSLAs/OLAs/Service Orders have been created / updated appropriately in line with the agreed service requirements
- Be the programme / project single point of contact for the BST VOACG Service Transition function and escalation point for assigned project.
- Ensure effective communications to all key stakeholders
- Liaise with VOA CG / Business service owners to ensure proposed support models are signed off.
- Experience of designing and implementing system migration plans
- Evidence of successfully transitioning services from build environments into operation
- In-depth knowledge of service delivery life-cycles, methodologies and tools
- In-depth knowledge and experience of different migration methods for applications and infrastructure services
- Ability to lead design transition focused workshops, showing agility and the ability to be creative;
- Proven experience of working with third party suppliers and service providers
- Ability to identify technical and business risk and effective mitigation planning
- Good understanding of technical infrastructure, commercial elements of solutions and licensing models.
ITIL Foundation Version 4 qualification or any relevant ITIL qualification